More Intelligent People Are More Likely to Binge Drink and Get Drunk (1 Viewer)

More Intelligent People Are More Likely to Binge Drink and Get Drunk

Now, now!
Drinking won't make us smarter, we need to start smart, to get to be flamboyant alcoholics.

I believed it, but in my defence I'd had a couple.
To be slighty serious though, I find it difficult to match these findings with my own experience of living in the UK.

Behold the onslaught of anecdotal evidence.....How many people have tested this hypothesis - not to return to the land of the living, the next day, I wonder...?

Mind you, it doesn't say drinking a lot is itself a good thing, only that intelligent people often do it. And, intelligence isn't necessarily intelligent. It doesn't mention that either.

Science is a sensible mask, for a stupid face.

Behold the onslaught of anecdotal evidence.....How many people have tested this hypothesis - not to return to the land of the living, the next day, I wonder...?

Mind you, it doesn't say drinking a lot is itself a good thing, only that intelligent people often do it. And, intelligence isn't necessarily intelligent. It doesn't mention that either.

Science is a sensible mask, for a stupid face.

If you need a drink that badly, have one.

article-0-020050770000044D-28_468x286.jpg

This woman is actually a particle physicist. She is so intelligent she drank herself into alcoholic paralysis.

'To reach the stars...' she said 'I want to know what it feels like to be fucked by a Celestial mechanic, in a super massive hole.'

The thing is that if you are regularly drinking yourself to death, why not die?
Although, if it enhances one's creativity, it seems reasonable to me. Then, get another boost to stay on the edge. Bukowski wrote something about that...
Here is another woman reaching for the stars! Photo with permission.
Sleeping Beauty.jpg

I get it that more intelligent people drink their brain cells away so they can be stupid like everyone else.
Yes, makes perfect sense.

After my third glass of wine, it started to dawn on me...

Here this must tie into that:

Just a little reminder, just in case you wanted to not drink ever again.
One night at Cheers, Cliff Clavin explained the "Buffalo Theory" to his buddy, Norm. "Well ya see, Norm, it's like this. A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kill brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine!
That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.
-- Cliff Clavin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back