More Notes of a Dirty Old Man The Uncollected Columns - Coming September... (1 Viewer)

I meant to comment on this before, but I forgot. I'm really excited by this news. I have always wished there were more Notes... collected. and more letters.

September seems so far away...heh.

That's awesome news! I hope there'll be room in the book for all the "Notes..." that have'nt been published yet. If Not, David will just have to release a second volume later on.

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm so happy to hear about this! after not being on the forum for months i come here and the first thread i read is about a new book! best news of the year! so excited about this!

Anyone else get an ARC of this today?

195 pages, all kind of run together, some sections with titles some without -- it's fast and loose, baby, and I like the feel of it.

I probably won't have time to read it for another week, so sorry, no details yet.

D'oh. Sadly City Lights are "all out of galleys".

I spoke too soon... just dropped my kids off at my former home, and there it was... waiting for me. Can't wait to read it.

It's rough for sure, there are a lot of dropped words and typos. But it is a proof after all, I assume they will fix all of that.

Content-wise, I've only just started to dip in to it, but there was a great piece already by page 22, about the trip to New Orleans to sign the pages for Crucifix.

Actually, the one before that was great too. I don't want to ruin it for anyone. But so far, so good.

It's rough for sure, there are a lot of dropped words and typos. But it is a proof after all, I assume they will fix all of that.

Content-wise, I've only just started to dip in to it, but there was a great piece already by page 22, about the trip to New Orleans to sign the pages for Crucifix.

Actually, the one before that was great too. I don't want to ruin it for anyone. But so far, so good.

Managed to snag (i.e. I purchased it) myself an ARC via abebooks.

Just read the Crucifix tale. Enjoying this volume so far, despite the odd typo etc. Sure it will be a good seller for City Lights.

I wonder how many more Notes titles could be produced? I'd read them all - rough, ready or ropey :abge:

well glad to see you guys are still getting your advance proofs. at least people who should actually be reviewing them get the chance to. this is great news. can't wait for September. any chance you can post some of the titles? or a contents page?

Citylights.com list the new book at $11.87. Start saving :p

I just got an email from City Lights. The book can be ordered now. Postage for Europe is $12 (which is 49 cents cheaper than Amazon).

$9 to ship a $12 paperback? Nice. Why not do away with the pretense all together and just charge $25 (or $50 or $99) for the book and throw in "free" shipping.

I guess I'll go look for this one at one of those creepy old book stores. Ew!

---

Maybe $9 isn't so much. Forget what I said. Will probably go to a creepy old book store anyway.

"Though he was born in Germany, his family moved to South Central L.A. when he was 10."
- So much for research.

I usually order the book thru a creepy old Norwegian book store.
(Though I do it on a cozy modern PC.)
They handle all the ordering and I pick up the book at the shop postage free.
Works everyt time.

The finished book showed up here a couple of days ago, and it looks good. I haven't re-read it yet, but it looks like they've fixed the typos that popped up in the proof copies. Another solid link in the chain, this one.

KGrHqQOKkQE5W1hrfkVBOZngYN60_3.JPG
Well, this one looks good I think. Hope you guys and gals like it!

This is trivial, I know, but this one is 8 x5.5 inches, just like the old City Lights books and the two that were split from Erections. Which is fine, but Portions and Absence were 6 x 9 inches. Looks like different publishers there together on the shelf.

And in the final analysis, isn't what these things look like on my shelf what it's all about? Come on.

Oh, the word bits inside are great though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back