Most Users Online Ever (1 Viewer)

This morning the record for Most Users Ever Online was broken. 86 of us at once. It won't be long until we crack 1,000 members. Congrats, mjp! Nice work and many, many thanks for your efforts!

About six month ago I predicted in another thread, that we would have a thousand members before the year was up. At that time there were six hundred. Glad to see i wasn't all wrong. If this keeps up we could be fifteen hundred strong before this year is up...:D

Last edited by a moderator:
The thing that drives this forum is the same thing that hooked me on Buk before I read even a single word. The first book I cracked was "The Days Run Away Like Wild Horses Over the Hills"...it was lying on a cart in a public library...the title grabbed me. But what I noticed (before reading anything) were readers' comments penciled in the margins of the poems.

Exclamations, criticisms, even arguments back and forth - now that I think about it, it was a sort of an old school forum itself (to go along with card catalogues :) - hand written in the margins of a library book. I had never seen anything like it (still haven't), and I had worked in that library for a couple of years.

I thought this must be something great...something special...where else do readers feel *compelled* to leave their comments in the margins of a poem (good or bad)? I was right, and what extraordinary power these words have! I especially like seeing the enthusiasm of the newly initiated that come to this forum "to leave their comments in the margins" :)

Bobby D

Isn't it possible for a guy using Mozilla with a few tweaks, to open the forum link and register as 20 guests at the same time? I remember reading about a Mozilla tweak that "made page loading faster" and it consisted on increasing the number of requests to the webpage server or something...

mjp?

Isn't it possible for a guy using Mozilla with a few tweaks, to open the forum link and register as 20 guests at the same time? I remember reading about a Mozilla tweak that "made page loading faster" and it consisted on increasing the number of requests to the webpage server or something...

mjp?
The guest count is done by IP address, so you could hit the page with a million connections and it would only count as one visitor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back