MUSE's new album : "The Resistance" (1 Viewer)

Ambreen

Sordide Sentimental
muse.jpg

is
coming back !​

The new album, untitled "The Resistance", will be released on september 14th.
Since a few days, the first single, "United States of Eurasia", can be listened :
http://www.glabou.com/blog/2009/07/21/muse-united-states-of-eurasia-collateral-damage/
(it's of course also available on their official website but one has to register to hear it : http://ununitedeurasia.muse.mu/ ).

I find it great ! Sounds vey much like Queen !
I'm moved to hear something new from them after three years !

Now ten years since "Showbiz" ; time goes so quickly !

Oh and I've just read that Matthew Bellamy received this year the NME Award of the sexiest man, wow ! :D

I'll be interested to hear the new album. One new track I heard recently (may have been this Eurasia one) seemed disappointing on the initial listen, but will probably grow on me.

To be fair, Muse always sound like Queen :D

But I don't hold that against them. They always put on a good show.

I still like Showbizzz, was that their first album?
I never even had a single thought that they sound like Queen.
What's the matter with me?

I've found a youtube video with the complete song (the song is cut at the end in my previous link) : (I don't know what the "+ Collateral damages" means).
I love the piano ending very much ! It would easily have its place in the kind of films I'm so fond of...I don't know, an adaptation from a Jane Austen's book for instance ! :D

Hank Solo is not a bad Brit since he likes Muse ! :cool:

Yes Ponder, "Showbiz" was their first album, released in 1999.

I never even had a single thought that they sound like Queen.
What's the matter with me?
You've got no ears ! :D

Black Swan, I too prefer their old stuff. I've been introduced to them with "Absolution" and when I heard the two first albums, I felt the difference ! But I've always found consistency in their whole work, I think they're evolving from albums to albums in a coherent way. Moreover, they've got a special place in my heart, they actually were the first anglo-saxon band I've adulated and they were the soundtrack of my first love story...to many memories associated with them !!! :)

Really sounds a lot like Queen, only better. How melodramatic. The drumming is great, I always thought it was lame in Queen. Fine song.

Great band, I had the pleasure to see them live and they put on the best show I have ever seen, it were spellbinding. Not sure about the new single, but then I hated the opening single to Black Holes and Revelations but it worked in the context of the album.

Great band, I had the pleasure to see them live and they put on the best show I have ever seen, it were spellbinding.

I would love to see that band live too. I read everywhere they give such a great show.

Ambreen, thinking of your location, I knew something didn't feel right.
If I meet you in september, which smiley should I be looking for?

I've never seen them either. This year, they are to play on november 17th in Paris. The next evening, it will be the turn of my favourite french band, Eiffel. Two concerts in a row, that's too much for me. The choice was not difficult to make.

Black Swan, I'm sorry to have disturbed you with my location. Very few here are those who understand french, so I thought it won't be noticed. It was a private joke with someone whom I'm missing since now one year...I've had the stupid idea to read our mails and recollections rose to the surface. That was a kind of game for him, whenever I asked him a question beginning by "where", he answered me : "dans ton cul !". I quickly got used to his stupid games and laughed myself. Though the rule was simple (never ask him a question beginning by "where"), I always fell in the trap and lost the game, we had a lot of fun with that...
I've just replaced the coarse expression by something more poetic, the title of a Nick Cave's song (a beautiful duo with Kylie Minogue, to be precise). I hope this one suits you. ;)

If I meet you in september, which smiley should I be looking for?
The most joyous and the most wriggling one ! But when my computer got crazy, I lost all the files that I didn't save, among which my smilies file. Looking again after them on the net would be a loss of time so I give up.
But wait, here is for you : :)

Black Swan, I'm sorry to have disturbed you with my location. Very few here are those who understand french, so I thought it won't be noticed. It was a private joke with someone whom I'm missing since now one year...
Hey Ambreen ! what I said was meant as a joke...
as when I am sitting down, since you claim to be where you are.:)

I always found Queen too sensational, although I reckon that they have beautiful voices.
They actually disturb me a great deal...:)

You reassure me, Black Swan, I really thought you were disgusted ! But I won't put it again, I prefer being located among flowers than in ... :D

I enjoyed them until they showed up on the Twilight soundtrack. That kinda ended it for me.
That's not a good reason to stop listening to them ! I'm sure they're in other dumb movies' soundtracks. And so what ?

Edit : This one is a good one ;) :

I must have seen that movie (but maybe I'm confusing it with another one... I'm actually thinking to a vibrator scene :D ) but no memories of any Muse song. Anyway, that belongs to a time where I didn't know Muse, so I've perhaps heard them without being aware of it !
I love this cover so much ! I first heard it on the radio, didn't know it was a cover and even less who the Smiths were ! :D

You're far too young to be fucking bands, dear. Having been in many bands I can tell you that those cads do not care about you. They do not love you, despite what they whisper into your drunken ear, and they will not "come for you after the tour."

Word to the wise.

Oh my God ! I'm horrified !

That was not at all what I was meaning !
I used the verb to fuck like when one says fuck to someone or something : "fuck you, bastard !", "Fuck America !", etc. Can't we say "I fuck you, bastard !", "I fuck America !", etc. ?
In French, my sentence would be like this : "J'étais dingue de Muse et me foutais du reste".

Hey, I'm not a disciple from Pamela des Barres, I've got principles ! How disgusting !

Haven't you understood that I was mad about Muse and fucked the rest ! :D
After correction : Haven't you understood that I was mad about Muse and said "fuck you !" to the rest ? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
well I for one found this all much more interesting when I still thought that she fucked the band......

Can't we say "I fuck you, bastard !"

You can say that to me--I don't hear it enough these days, but I must warn you, according to one of mjp's posts you now belong to him since he's paid for you with beads and a goat. ( I think there was some cash in there too):(

Ok, no matter, I'll create a new thread to discuss about the upcoming album once I'll have heard it.

I dunno, I kinda think a band attaching a less than impressive song on an even less impressive soundtrack to a really unimpressive movie based on an incredibly shitty book is grounds for dismissal.

But that's just me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back