My beer drunk souls is sadder than all the dead christmas trees in the world. (2 Viewers)

Hey everyone, im new here. I was overwhelmed when I found this site. Im relatively new to Bukowski but I Love his works dearly. I first read Ham on Rye, then Women and finally Post Office. I am a 20 year old avid drinker, aspiring writer, same old shit you might expect from a young Bukowski fan. I was wondering if anyone might reccomend either a book of his poetry or short stories to get me started on some more of his work! thanks a lot and I look forward to chatting with you guys.

I was wondering if anyone might reccomend either a book of his poetry or short stories to get me started on some more of his work!

Any of them.... really.

I envy you... the world of words that awaits you.

But if you have to know a specific title... make it 'Burning in Water, Drowning in Flame' for early poems and 'Tales of Ordinary Madness' and 'The Most Beautiful woman in Town' for early short stories...

Then everything else.

Welcome.

THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMAN IN TOWN

NOTES OF A DIRTY OLD MAN

TALES OF ORDINARY MADNESS

SOUTH OF NO NORTH

Welcome to the BukVerse!

Welcome to the forum, m...! - All the above titles are good choices! For a selection of later poems I would recommend "Last Night Of The Earth Poems"..

burning in water... really is great. also for poems i really like roominghouse madrigals, play the piano..., and the days run away.

Oh, yeah!
Don't forget the readings!
They will make you hear this incredible voice all the time you read a Buk-poem after this experience.

That's for sure! And it adds to reading his stuff...

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back