• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

My Bukowski Collection (1 Viewer)

Pogue Mahone

Officials say drugs may have played a part
OK, I’m selling 99 percent of my Bukowski collection on eBay.

This forum is not my primary selling audience, so no need to send feedback on the pricing. I am just trying to make a few bucks during the holiday season after being unemployed since June. (No tears for me, I just got my last severance paycheck this week and have a few bucks in the bank.)

I just thought some folks on here may be interested in a few items. Some other members took my best stuff, all under Abe prices, and I am very grateful to them. Thank you!

The only two things I am not selling are an original manuscript that I have framed and a 1/25 copy of the 1985 Official Bukowski Calendar from Black Sparrow. I know it doesn’t hold high regard in this forum, but the calendar is my favorite Bukowski piece by far – and it’s not even signed. I think it’s a juvenile attachment, but I don’t care.

In any case, we all know Bukowski hated the holidays, so consider this part of his revenge.

I left good feedback and never got any from you
Sorry man, I'm just a really angry guy. I never give feedback, but I'll do it for you.

That was one of my first sales and it was so weird. I think Buk was the substitute mail carrier that day as I recall.

Losing a book over $200 makes me very uncomfortable. Glad it worked out in the end.

In fairness, it was market price; but I understand the apprehension. I've always wanted that book. For some strange reason, it makes me all hot an' bothered. Like a Harvard classics-designed six-pack w/ roast beef sandwich. Rest assured that I keep it under my pillow every night.

The thing I find funny about that book (A Bibliography of Charles Bukowski, Black Sparrow, 1969) is Bukowski’s signature. It looks like he used a cheap ballpoint pen that he stole from the Post Office, while Dorbin’s signature looks so elegant in black ink. I can just imagine Martin getting the signatures back and going "what the fuck???" when he saw it.
In fairness, it was market price
It may have been market price, but you got a very fine copy of that book as I recall. And I did throw in the special Bukowski Issue of the Small Press Review from 1973 and the second Charles Bukowski Newsletter, both of which make references to the book and tipped in poem. So no folks, Purple Stickpin didn't get ripped off. (I know that it bothers him when he does, so I just just wanted to make it clear he got a decent deal.) By the way, I got it via Abe from England. How it got there is anyone’s guess…

a_biliography_signed_4.png

Last edited:
It may have been market price, but you got a very fine copy of that book as I recall. And I did throw in the special Bukowski Issue of the Small Press Review from 1973 and the second Charles Bukowski Newsletter, both of which make references to the book and tipped in poem. So no folks, Purple Stickpin didn't get ripped off.
I never meant to imply that I did.

I know, buddy. I just realized that I should not have put a price down in my previous post -- not good form at all. I remember your ill feelings about your "A Fine Man A Fine Book" purchase and didn't want to give the impression to others that you got fleeced. Dear members: He really got the book for $50 and I threw in a free blow job from my sister.

The unusual thing about that book are there are no unsigned copies of it. At least none are called for, so if you have one, it's probably the rarest copy.

Speaking of rare, I don't recall ever seeing one of the "illustrated" versions - 50 copies with color drawings...

I remember your ill feelings about your "A Fine Man A Fine Book" purchase...
That wasn't me getting ripped off, that was me being a complete and utter idiot.

The unusual thing about that book are there are no unsigned copies of it. At least none are called for, so if you have one, it's probably the rarest copy.
Speaking of rare, I don't recall ever seeing one of the "illustrated" versions - 50 copies with color drawings...
You mean the Dorbin, correct? One sold about 3-4 years ago; I believe that there was a discussion here. It had a Buk watercolor with yellow, green and browns. A very simple, yet effective painting. I don't recall the subject; a bird, perhaps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back