my friend in the hole (1 Viewer)

In the summer and fall of 2007, I had been locked up for a year and a half and was about to go to trial on new, manufactured threat charges because the feds didn't want me getting out. I was sick of all the horseshit in population and got a cell to myself by going to the hole. I did almost nothing but read all day, every day, for months. I discovered Bukowski during this time, and his humor and sensibility were a great companion. (He and Kurt Vonnegut saw me through better than any other writers, though I could rattle off a long list of titles by an assortment of others)

I've been out for four and a half years now and recently got my shit together to write a novel, something I've wanted to do most of my life. I like to think it's fresh and unique, but a lot in Bukowski's style inspired me, and I believe those who like Bukowski would like my book. It's called Prodrome and is available on Amazon.

And this is my pitch:

On February 3, 2005 President George W. Bush visited Fargo.
The Machine kept him safe.
On March 29, 2006 Daniel C_____ was identified as a threat to President Bush.
The Machine kept Dan safe too. . .

Check it out, and if you dig it, help me out with a review, so I can sell more, write more, and avoid the terrible things the unskilled and unreconstructed have to do for money. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back