My Introduction. (1 Viewer)

Hello,
I've been a fan of his books and poetry forever, 'If You're Going To Try, Go All The Way...' pretty much shaped my attitude at an impressionable age and has stayed with me ever since.
I'm glad I came across the forum, so joined up because people who read and enjoy Bukowski's work tend usually to be my favourite people.

I'm 31, live in England, work part-time in a hotel bar, spent my twenties obsessively making cheap short films, writing scripts and books on spec, but now put all my efforts into stand-up comedy because it's the cheapest way to get your ideas out there.
A link from an open-mic a few months back;
[This video is unavailable.]

Looking forwards to reading the site and forums and joining in.

Cheers,
Clarence

Self-promotion is oddly handled here by our illustrious Mod/Admin staff when it comes to new members. This is OK but posting DIY music vids or poems is frowned upon and deleted. Anyhow, your routine was AOK and thought at 1st you would go Bill Hicks on the audience. Heh.

[This video is unavailable.]

Poems are deleted, as this is not a creative writing forum.
Videos aren't usually removed, but may fall foul of mild criticism or raging derision.

It's a funny old world, init.

Self-promotion is oddly handled here by our illustrious Mod/Admin staff when it comes to new members.
You complain a lot for someone who is here all the time.

If I could have understood a word that was said in the video I might have criticized it. But it's just six minutes of mealy-mouthed scouse in an echo chamber to my ears. It's unintelligible and therefore uninsultable. That's just science.

Sorry, I've read this site for ages, just wanted to join up put an introduction in the introduction section, I can't find an edit button to take it down it was just a thing, like someone putting up a photo or something, I joined under my own name because it's a serious site about an important writer and not nothing.

I don't make any money from anything and if anyone understood the accent, I just wanted to post a clip for it to heard in case someone likes the jokes, not promoting myself or trying to get 'hits' but I can see what you mean because people on other forums I've joined tend to post something to publicise something then fly away, but I'm not doing that.

The forum as a resource is ace so that's why I joined up.

Don't pay any attention to Stavrogin.

His testicles were shot off in the Falklands war (by his own platoon) and he's been in a pissy state ever since. But he sends a check for several thousand dollars every month, so we can't kick him out. I mean, if he wasn't around, who would pay for our steaks and handbags?

You can see our dilemma.

You complain a lot for someone who is here all the time.
I vote in every election and I think that our political system is currently worse than a wheelbarrow full of bull balls festering in a fetid pool of punctilious bile.

I'm not fond of the placemats at my local sushi bar, but I still frequent it.

I watch every Boston Bruins game I can, but I vehemently disagree with the tactics of the General Manager.

Like it or not, mjp, you've created the single most valuble resource for Bukowski anywhere. It shouldn't come as a surprise that some folks don't see eye-to-eye on all aspects of it. Your choice is either to let it roll off your back or blow it up. Hopefully you'll choose the former rather than the latter.

Yes, well, what you've said there...that is exactly what I was saying to comrade Stavrogin, isn't it.

If his complaining bothered me I wouldn't have made a joke around it. He's always gets in an allusion to heavy-handedness when someone is shut down, but then he weighs in with this. I can't take someone who plays both sides like that seriously.

For the record, it's everyone's business how the forum is run, since it's everyone's forum. I think Hank, Hooch and I have developed a good system over six years that keeps the place viable. We've done that based on not only what we think is right, but on everyone's input over the years. Have I made some decisions unilaterally? Yes. But overall, the forum runs the way the users want it to run.

If I was calling all the shots, as some people seem to believe, the landscape would be different. It's better this way.

Sorry, I've read this site for ages, just wanted to join up put an introduction in the introduction section, I can't find an edit button to take it down it was just a thing, like someone putting up a photo or something, I joined under my own name because it's a serious site about an important writer and not nothing.

I don't make any money from anything and if anyone understood the accent, I just wanted to post a clip for it to heard in case someone likes the jokes, not promoting myself or trying to get 'hits' but I can see what you mean because people on other forums I've joined tend to post something to publicise something then fly away, but I'm not doing that.

The forum as a resource is ace so that's why I joined up.
It's a Lancashire accent isn't it? I bet you've been called a lot of things but surely Scouse is beyond the pale ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back