• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

New collectables on abe.com (1 Viewer)

Bauman Rare Books"”probably the priciest outfit out there"”just uploaded several Bukowski books onto abe.com. The lot includes a copy of FIRE STATION 1/100 with a letter laid in dated October, 1962 to Cid Corman, editor of Origin. The prices are wild! FACTOTUM 1/250 for $1,200. That's crazy, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of those prices approach Gregor's silly levels.

Still, the copy of Fire Station has an original letter, but $1500 for a copy of Crucifix.

Bill

Absolutely all books over priced ... but wow they are in fantastic condtion.

The good news is they will all be there in a year when we will have a chance to offer a reasonable amount for them!!

I can even (kind of) understand the rationale of pricing something like Factotum that high, since there aren't any other 1/250 for sale on abe right now. It shows up fairly often, but there's always the chance that someone will be desperate enough for it right now that they will pay through the nose. I'm not saying that's a great business model, but even a blind squirrel occassionally finds a nut.

But Roominghouse without the dust jacket for $950? That's high comedy. Especially when there's one available for $225 on the same site.

factotum sold on ebay a few weeks ago for something like $450. i almost jumped in on it at the last second but didn't. most of us have more time than money, so i'll definitely pass on the $1200 and just keep waitin' for the next round of bidding...

Hey marina del rey. Any chance your Buk painting pic belongs to the book "South Of No North" that was just up for grabs on eBay from cooter?

If so, nice deal!

Yeah, it's from that one. One of my favorite books and I really liked the painting, so I bit. I'll probably be out of the game for a while now, but I'm glad to have gotten it.

Well done marina del rey!!

You have been busy lately but all quality at reasonable prices.

Congratulations and enjoy!

The painting is very unusual. And very creepy. Almost reminds me of a self-portrait of William Burroughs.

I've been out of the game almost as frequently as I've been in it. Ugh.

But anyway, great score, you got yourself a golden one.

Yeah, it's from that one. One of my favorite books and I really liked the painting, so I bit. I'll probably be out of the game for a while now, but I'm glad to have gotten it.
How did I miss that one? Do you have a link to the auction (are the images still there)?

Not that I could have bought. I am "out of the game" too for the foreseeable future.

It might have been too high a couple of years ago, but things are changing. And if you want something like that on eBay these days, "buy it now" is the best bet. I agree that cooter_slick usually prices things high, but he also generally puts up really clean, top shelf stuff.

I think that painting is exceptional, and - to me - that affects the value. Some abstract shapes in the same book probably wouldn't have sold so quickly, if at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back