• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

New eBay listings - lotsa Buk this time! (1 Viewer)

jordan

lothario speedwagon
Check it. We've got a copy of Open all Night straight from Chief Martinizer John Martin's collection, a nice HC new year's greeting, a later printing HC Post Office, plus that Russel Harrison book we all love so much... signed!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Charles-Buk...t=Antiquarian_Collectible&hash=item259913a186

"From Black Sparrow Press publisher John Martin's personal collection - this is copy #1 of the limited edition of Charles Bukowski's posthumous poetry collection Open All Night. They say that 1 is the lonliest number, but with this puppy by your side, you'll never be lonely again. Includes a silkscreen print of artwork by Bukowski."

Catchy description, have to say, got me thinking! ;)

Mjp listed this, naturally, amongst one of the Martinized releases, in hand with Bone Palace Ballet but I wonder on what level it got affected as I suspect the fella committed his shameful scribblings gradually on each posthumous book, leaving the latest releases to be the worst in this sense.

Mjp listed this, naturally, amongst one of the Martinized releases, in hand with Bone Palace Ballet but I wonder on what level it got affected as I suspect the fella committed his shameful scribblings gradually on each posthumous book, leaving the latest releases to be the worst in this sense.

Well, just do maths for a little prediction:

Open All Night

Poems collected: 170

Known manuscripts: 70

Known manuscripts without differences: 7

Known manuscripts with differences: 63

Now judge for yourself!

We'll see... ;)

...but don't forget I'm actually into Bukowski, not any kind of imitation of him so in the meantime I turned to your pre-1994 books being offered to think about while considering others as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back