New-ish to Bukowski (1 Viewer)

Hi,

Been lurking for a bit and decided it might be a good thing to join. I'll try to keep how I first encountered Bukowski's work short and to the point. Here goes...

Basically, I was in some sort of entertainment store a few years ago and saw they had a section set aside for books. Nothing they had really piqued my interest until I saw "Notes of a Dirty Old Man". The title alone was intriguing, so I decided to do some research once I got home and was even more intrigued. I knew there wasn't a chance in hell of me being able to get any physical copies of the books at that time, so I held it off and haven't been able to get any until this year. Started off with a couple of books - loved them!

I don't really think I can pick a definite favourite because I've liked all the books I've read so far, for example: Women, Hot Water Music, Factotum, Post Office, etc. Still a lot more to tackle of course.

That's all from me. It's good to be here and I'm sure I'll learn lots more along the way. Thank you. :cool:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back