Popcorn Man.
New Year here I am!

To all Buk.netters!
Happy Good Night!

This is how we are doing it right now.
22.jpg

To the Dude, whoever the fuck he is.
whiterussian.jpg

Happy New Year, everybody! - And don't get too drunk (if there is such a thing)...:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not a New Year person, but still - Happy New Year folks.

How's your New Year so far roni, Bukfan, Erik and cirerita (and any other cats east of the GMT line I may have missed)? Mine's just the damn same!!!

I'm not a New Year person, but still - Happy New Year folks.

How's your New Year so far roni, Bukfan, Erik and cirerita (and any other cats east of the GMT line I may have missed)? Mine's just the damn same!!!

I'm no party animal either. I spend the evening zapping the TV channels. Local TV had a big show, "The White Album - 40 Years" with various bands playing all the songs from The Beatles "White Album" (in the correct sequence). It lasted about 2 1/2 hours. Nice tribute to a great album!

Hey man: if you could let me know where I could find that; I might be interested in getting it. Assuming I like the bands, of course.

Hey man: if you could let me know where I could find that; I might be interested in getting it. Assuming I like the bands, of course.

I don't know if it's out on CD or DVD (yet), but I would'nt be surprised. The concert was called, "The White Concert". One of the artists was American Gavin DeGraw, the rest of the artists were mainly some of the best Scandinavian artists/bands, such as the Afro-American/Swedish singer, Caroline Henderson. I'll let you know if I see it on DVD or CD...

Bukfan - Please tell me that Dungen was a part of that concert. That's a Swedish band that knows their 60's chops very well.

And Happy New Year to everyone.
May 2009 be kind to us all....

Thank you, mjp, for demonstrating my laziness. ;)

I would always prefer the DVD or CD, just so I can blast it without copyright guilt. But cheers!

May 2009 bring you a fair # of trolls to keep your ascerbic wit sharp; but not too many, dig?

Bukfan - Please tell me that Dungen was a part of that concert. That's a Swedish band that knows their 60's chops very well.

And Happy New Year to everyone.
May 2009 be kind to us all....

I don't recall all the names, unfortunately, but I know there were some famous Swedish bands in the concert.

mjp has linked to some of the artists from the concert! Perhaps you can find some more video clips on Youtube...

Actually, that made it clear to me that it wasn't really about the music, it was about the Hair, the Clothes and the special effects.

Seems after all these years, there's a reason why good musicians decide to omit Beatle's tunes from their set.

All set with that.

Think I whined about new year's eve last year after my shift. Mostly about one person. This week it's been the weather. Ice on Monday, finding the snowline (sea level tonight) and managing not to bend anything but my nerves at the end of it all. Four days off now but the forecast ain't much better for next week. I truly do hate winter....

Uh, cheers and apologies.

Actually, that made it clear to me that it wasn't really about the music, it was about the Hair, the Clothes and the special effects.

Seems after all these years, there's a reason why good musicians decide to omit Beatle's tunes from their set.

All set with that.

rock and roll has always been about the clothes and the hair.

even "good" musicians know that.

A little late and a pleasant hangover but happy new year to the buknet members
and happy new year to Linda Bukowski of course.

From here too! A prosper 09 for buknet!

Mine's starting good. Just got out of bed.

Cheers!
Have you read 'Journey to the End of the Night' Celine?
Do you remember this part, wahere Ferdinand's been travelling to Africa on the boat?
He did't talk with anybody. Also! He was buying drinks, the rest had them for free.
At the end of the trip most of passengers wanted to kick him out.

My story is simillar.
I bought Smirnoff 0.5 what was pretty extravagance. The rest had something bigger and chiper. I said 'hello' to only my two friends. There was something like 20 people.
I didn't want to be rude, but I was pretty tired...
There were talking, I was sitting alone and drinking, from time to time I was talking with my two friends.
Topics of the rest: Judes, wars, fighting, killing for 50 dollars and other bullshit.
I don't like to say yes to somebody, so I did't tell anything.
They said I'm looking at them strange...
OK, OK I didn't have fun that's why... everything.
At the end of the party one guy with three friends wanted to get me out of the room.
I was trying to negotiate.
Somebody hit me by head in nose. I had time to grab my nose and say 'Give me a second, honey'. When we get out we met two older guys wanted to get know what going on. I think they were some kind pacifists.
I took adventage of occassion and I... ran away.
Cheers!

Somebody hit me by head in nose. I had time to grab my nose and say 'Give me a second, honey'. When we get out we met two older guys wanted to get know what going on. I think they were some kind pacifists.
I would like your permission to publish your eerily prescient and endlessly entertaining posts in my new literary journal, COOL KIDS ROCK ON BIG DOPE.

In payment I offer good wishes, yarn scraps, three quarts of pickle juice and a sexy, skin-tight catsuit, custom made for you out of old bread bags.

Please reply at your earliest convenience.

Well, it's been 2009 for nearly 12 hours here and things don't seem to be any better at all.

I think I want my money back.

nah. one of my favourite things to do is argue about music. whether I'm right or wrong.

happy new year!

You have no idea how many worms there are in that can you just opened. ;)

2009 is shaping up rather well. My wife is making collard greens fried in bacon grease, black-eyed peas and pork chops.

Happy 2009 to all indeed.

Ok... my new year is starting out on the run. from, North Carolina to Michigan ( a 50 degree temp. drop) to my new home (apt.) in wis. on sat. a new job on monday, and I ask my girlfreind to marry me last night. (yes, I was still sober) (was). so far nothing dull about 2009. wish me luck ya'll! :cool:

That's one hell of a start to a new year. Best of luck in all that madness.

So far, things are going poorly. I was up last night until about 1 in mind numbing gut pain and so far today is more of the same... But at least this means, it can only go up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back