Nice and Brown (1 Viewer)

Hi, I was interested in possibly selling my signed manuscript of the poem Nice and Brown that I have had close to 20 years now, so I decided to look it up and see if it has been published in a collection since then. The one I have looks identical to the image shown when clicking the link on here. Is that normal? Where were the scans of these taken from? Thanks for the info.

Probably from the same eBay auction you bought it from.
Yes, bought on ebay. Thank you. Too bad I don't remember who I purchased it from. How important would a coa or the like be to a potential buyer, as opposed to just taking my word for it? Any thoughts as to why it was never collected in a book, except for a collection of uncollected poems in 2014? I have enjoyed it over the years,

poem1979-05-30-nice_and_brown.jpg

How important would a coa or the like be to a potential buyer, as opposed to just taking my word for it?
The typeface with the "I" being used for the "1" and the authenticity of the signature are all the COA you need as long as you have an reasonably educated buyer. The Olympia he was using in the first part of 1979 had no "1" key, so the "I" was used instead.

Point any buyers over here if need be. Potential buyers fairly often will ask about authenticity here and we're more than willing to either point out problems or confirm goodness.

Point any buyers over here if need be. Potential buyers fairly often will ask about authenticity here and we're more than willing to either point out problems or confirm goodness.

Sounds good. Thanks. I want to buy other things but am still on the fence. I sold all my Wormwood Reviews a while back and don't know if I regret it yet. They were just sitting in a box on a shelf so . . .

I don't remember who I purchased it from.
If you bought it 18+ years ago, you likely bought it from Scott Harrison at Abandoned Planet Books. He sold hundreds of manuscripts on eBay. The actual number may be over a thousand. In any event, his auction was the source of the image on bukowski.net, so odds are you bought from him.

Abandoned Planet sounds right, thanks again! I probably have some sort of card or something tucked in a Buk book or a drawer since I never throw anything* away. Also found all my Buk Hustler mags, then read most of the stories on here instead of cracking them open. Some great posts, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back