• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

nice score (1 Viewer)

'grats Bill! I knew I should have searched a little deeper the other day... Ah well, that's an excellent price, I am now... insanely jealous.

yeah. It was a truly vague and horrible listing, which allowed me to snag it...

I'll let you know the condition when it arrives. It is kinda hard to tell from the photos if the cover is complete. It has some issues, but hell. It is a deal.

Bill

Hey Bill: Congrats, you outbid me on this one. I've bought a lot lately, and decided to fold on this. Yes, some issues are apparent, but still a pretty good deal at that price.

that has to be the worst ebay listing i've ever seen. i was thinking of bidding on it myself, but i need to lay off buying expensive books for a little while.

I was also watching that, man it was a shit listing, but that's good! at that price the "issues" wouldn't have bothered me a bit. Grats Bill.

I saw that and thought it might go cheap but got busy and didn't bid, and it's not like I have such vast sums at my command anyhow. A great price. I'll have to find an even cheaper copy (which is possible but not likely). The way to find bargains on eBay (my big secret) is to actively LOOK for the badly listed rare items.

well, if you were ever gonna have a reading copy of "it catches" to leave on the coffee table for any and all hands, i suppose this would be it. congrats bill....

I was watching this one too. Ha - everyone was. We may as well talk about these listings before they end. I doubt the outcome would have been different. Maybe we need a secret, secret eBay forum. ;)

A good buy, Bill.

I'll have to find an even cheaper copy (which is possible but not likely).
Cheaper is possible! I found one cheaper, but it's in a leather library binding. If I didn't have that copy, I might have had to outbid Bill on this "reading" copy.

well, if you were ever gonna have a reading copy of "it catches" to leave on the coffee table for any and all hands, i suppose this would be it.
See above. Anyone that stops by my place can paw It Catches all they want.

Same for Terror Street, as I have a shitty copy as well.

It's funny though, I pull those out more often than the prettier, costlier ones, so which is really more valuable?

Congrats, Bill! Quite a bargain despite the "issues". Well done! Yes, please tell us about the condition when it arrives...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back