• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Nice xmas present (1 Viewer)

ROC

It is what it is
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360213311863

I bid $800 and did not hit the reserve. But I expected as much.

The reserve is probably the same as the 'buy it now'; 2500 smackers.

%21BgY4uM%21BGk%7E$%28KGrHqUH-CUEsNQ5bp1MBLFFPf44qw%7E%7E_12.JPG

Pretty unusual to have a shot at a stand-alone piece of art like that. But the price seems pretty high for one of those abstract messes.

Abstract?

Don't you see the vase of peonies sitting on a table by a window?

The seller doesn't seem too keen to part with it.

I guess I wouldn't want to part with it either. But it's not as if someone is going to walk into your place, look at that and say, "Wow, a Bukowski!"

Maybe I would say it was a Picasso...

I guess I wouldn't want to part with it either. But it's not as if someone is going to walk into your place, look at that and say, "Wow, a Bukowski!"

Maybe I would say it was a Picasso...

Maybe if you said real fast, "It's a Bukasso". Then people would say "Wow!" :D

Last edited by a moderator:
it looks more like an early jackson pollock - really early, like from
his fetal stage period.

i am not sure, but i don't think the, 'reserve; price and the, 'buy it now,' can be the same amount.
as someone who just sold my favourite book on ebay, i am sure there are lots of folks who really don't want to sell their items. maybe that is why the price seems a bit high to others.
two days ago i sold a copy of derek taylor's 'fifty years adrift,' and i did it reluctantly and tearfully. putting it in the mail yesterday was really tough.

Toothpaste on garlic spaghetti with slices of yellow paprika and drips of ketchup.

Definitively an abstract dinner painting.

I don't think this is going to sell.

But then I thought that copy of Posy office would go for around 3K, so what do I know?

Edit: and I can't spell Post Office either.

I'm probably in the minority but I actually like this piece. But it comes down to Christmas for the family or try a go at a bid. Better to give than to receive.....Merry Christmas, you wonderful old Building and Loan!.......frankincense and myrrh........jingle bells.......dreams of sugarplum fairies. Fuck me! I'm in the throes of shiny, new fanboy geek-lust for all things Bukowski, and so it comes down to who will forgive first - family or myself.

Hey, is that Nietzsche and Salome in your avatar? (I forget the other guys name - Paul someone?)

Well $810.00 bucks and reserve not met. I don't know, I thought about it, but I'm still saving for my Dee Dee Ramone painting... But I think even $810 was too much for me. Unless I'm ready to bounce another rent check.

Hey folks it was my auction... only listed it cause my wife was doing my head in... anyway got cold feet and pulled the auction - gonna keep it (I really do like it) , BTW for those interested the reserve was $1450...

Yeh, congrats on keeping it. Even if it had gone for your reserve, you may never have forgiven yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back