No Scratch No Snatch (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The song "You are sleeping" samples a spoken word performance that I've been trying to track down for about 10 years. My favorite version can be found at youtube.com/watch?v=1HyS80Uf9a8 and lyrics can be found at http://www.lololyrics.com/lyrics/5699.html .
I think it's Bukowski because of
  • the cadence (although its been slowed down, I think)
  • the vocab (working girl/skivvies/scratch)
  • the subject matter
  • the tone
Can any of the experts in this forum give me their opinion on whether this is indeed Bukowski, or ultimate awesomeness, a source?

Not even close, hombre.

And fuck you for making me listen to that tedious shit.

cool -- would you mind telling me how you know? Or have you just read so much that you can tell?
And fuck you for making me listen to that tedious shit.
I linked to a page with the lyrics in text form. And gosh, what a welcoming community.

cool -- would you mind telling me how you know? Or have you just read so much that you can tell?

I have heard Bukowski speak hundreds of times and just like I can tell the difference between Bill Clinton and Ronald Reagan, even if they are talking about the same thing.

I'm not sure who it is, but Not Bukowski. Sounds more like Jesse Bernstein, but does not sound enough like him either.

Bill

It's not his voice, that's easy to hear, and those are definitely not his words.

Odd you would single out skivvies and scratch, since they are not typically words you'd see Bukowski use.
gosh, what a welcoming community.
Fuck you.

Burroughs?

but then it would be sped up, not slowed down. Burroughs was in no hurry when speaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back