Not here to make friends. (1 Viewer)

One is reminded of the ancient "MAD non-conformist" satire. The group between the conformists and Mad non-conformists, unfortunately.
The man's writing is one of my favorite things on Earth, but the ease with which he is read combined with (only occasionally) lurid subject matter attracts many admirers amongst the less impressive rabble.
But to anyone who truly feels it, down deep, cheers.

The less impressive rabble eh?

Well, thanks for saying hello. I guess.

But to anyone who truly feels it, down deep, cheers

Please explain to the less-impressive rabble exactly how it is that you feel Bukowski's writing "down deep" -- how and why does it resonate with you? What bottled emotions does Bukowski uncork for you? What inner frustrations and demons does Bukowski's work exorcise for you.

The inquiring minds of the rabble want to know.

hello

One is reminded of the ancient "MAD non-conformist" satire. The group between the conformists and Mad non-conformists, unfortunately.
The man's writing is one of my favorite things on Earth, but the ease with which he is read combined with (only occasionally) lurid subject matter attracts many admirers amongst the less impressive rabble.

I think I get your drift that some of Bukowski's readers (other than most of the people on this forum) are attracted to the lurid in his writings without feeling the depth of what's beneath it, and that you don't consider yourself one of them. You've found the right place. (Hang in there tom... this can a tough crowd to play to, but they love congenial company and Buk is an all-time fav.)

Best wishes.

no, clearly you're here to let us know that you're the real deal bukowski fan, and i'm sure we can look forward to lots of self-important pontification about all related subjects. can't wait.

Bonjour mes amie . Been away from this forum for a wee while and must say that it seems that there are many interesting things said on here and I enjoy reading the comments . I would like to say that the Bukowski i've read has had me in stitches laughing out loud at times..... however tortured his soul was the guy had a fucking sense of humor . He has also made me disgusted by his perception and treatment of women , I wasn't shocked just disgusted and jealous that a man has the possibility to be so damn indifferent . I have the opinion that women see Bukowskis work in much a different light than men.

I hate to double hijack this sweet thread, but you should make this comment in the, Love as a theme in Bukowski's Poetry Thread.
Here. I think you have a point and not necessarily on the top of your head.;)

:D Welcome tomtrusnovic! :cool:

I'm not so impressed with myself either. But I still say you're kind of a dick.

now, now.
let's not be hasty. I'm sure once you've had a chance to think about it, you'll realize he's not kind of a dick. he's just a dick. full on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back