Oh my fucking god (aka: Ordinary Madness: Musicians Meet Bukowski) (1 Viewer)

The asshole speaking just said that Linda King was gracious enough to give them permission to do these "compositions."

Linda King?

Oh the humanity...it just keeps getting worse...

Dr. Gordon is an award-winning director whose accolades include five Drama-Logue Awards, a Los Angeles Critics Choice Award and being named "Best of the Year" by the Los Angeles Times. She has been instrumental in developing a significant number of original plays and musicals with Cal Rep and is in constant demand as a director both nationally and internationally. Recently her adaptation and production of "Love, Bukowski" was nominated for several awards by the Los Angeles Drama Critics Circle, which also conferred on Cal Rep the Polly Warfield award for best season, a tribute to her first full year as artistic director. She has directed a number of Stephen Sondheim works worldwide, including the first Chinese language production of West Side Story in Beijing. Recent published work includes Stephen Sondheim: A Casebook; an essay on Stephen Sondheim in the Encyclopedia of American Biography, and an essay on August Wilson for the Casebook Series. She is a frequent contributor to The Sondheim Review and her first book, Art Isn't Easy: The Theater of Stephen Sondheim was one of the earliest studies of this great artist's work. As an internationally renowned Sondheim scholar, Gordon directs and conducts workshops in both the U.S. and Europe. Gordon did her undergraduate work in South Africa and her Ph.D. at UCLA.

(562) 985-7891

Well is she is a Sondhiem scholar........ Oh to live in Amerika I want to live in Amerika

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This is mature material and not for the faint of heart, but promises to delight Bukowski fans and inspire a generation of new ones."
- Yeah, right!:(

Gott'a link?
http://64.27.15.184/parchive/pls.php?mp3fil=12154

The carnage begins about five minutes in. Don't say I didn't warn you.

If you like the first "song" and think, "Oh, that's not so bad. What's he talking about?" keep listening. You have to hear the whole segment/interview for the overwhelming awfulness to engulf you.

Interview in the second half of the show with "Dr. Demento" if that kind of thing interests you.

I just listened to the program. Jezuz fucking Christ! Is this supposed to be "avant garde" music? It's horrible! The way they massacred the poem "Art" - "When the spirit waaaaaaneees, the form appeeeeaarrr.."! And now they want to issue a CD with their "music"! Please don't give permission, Linda B.!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesus mother fucking sunt, a "digital concertina?"

I've heard better sounds dropping out of my dog after a chicken vindaloo. Good lord almighty, have these people no pride? Are they getting art degrees because of this <my quotes> "adaptation of disgusting art into a progressive art form that we all may grasp?" <puke>

I can just see the student body, sitting there like "artistic" lemmings, salivating on open palms, clicking their fingers and wondering why Buk isn't considered a beat by the rest of us idiots here.

I'd rather give Charles Manson an intimate sponge bath than listen to that again.

It's borderline sacrelige for me to say it (only because I hate to compare puke to gold), but the bit starting at 4:50 strikes me that it was totally ripped off from "Meditations on Mingus" by Hal Wilner, and the bit about Robbie Robertson reading Playing Chess With Bobby Fischer In Bellevue Reverie on Canon (Part 2).

Me shudders.

oh, NO!

i believe myself to be Very tolerant.
but this is FAR too much! really!

mjp, don't affront the dogs by throwing their shit on these, err, beings.

There aught'a be a law. Horse whippin is too good fuh 'em.

The asshole speaking just said that Linda King was gracious enough to give them permission to do these "compositions."

Linda King.

Bump.

You know, I could give permission, that wouldn't
mean that they would be allowed to do this.

Or continue doing it, I suppose, as the
damage has been done. It really need not continue.

2422845871_4baf48b2f1_m.jpg

Who actually holds the rights to these
particular works? BSP? ECCO? Linda Lee?

Who actually holds the rights to these
particular works? BSP? ECCO? Linda Lee?
Well, that guy brought up an interesting point (if it is true), that the negotiations to use the poems were separate from the negotiations to use a book title. "The Estate" - meaning Linda - owns the literary rights. But I find it odd that the publisher would own the title rights separately. Then again, this guy was talking out of his ass, calling Linda Bukowski "Linda King" was only one of about 50 mistakes he made. And the host of the show repeatedly saying "Bukofsky" - gah.

Bottom line - and the guest's cluelessness illustrates it - is that these "composers" don't know who Bukowski was, and it's just another example of using a known name to foist your own shit upon people. No one would go listen to that noise if it didn't have Bukowski's name on it and they hadn't shoehorned his poetry into their god damned caterwauling.

It's exploitation, just like VALERIAN, like Esotouric, like the eBay bottom feeders with their tshirts and refrigerator magnets. Penny catchers and crumb snatchers with no original ideas.

to weep

that's as far as i needed to go. how to murder art. it would be ironic, if it wasn't so abysmal. abysmal, that's what it is. i love that poem.

My dogs would not be offended to have their shit thrown upon those idiots.
How much do you need and when?
Oh thank goodness they have an actual recording of Bukowski in the heap.

The guy makes a comment about how some poets should stay away from the microphone. Isn't funny how people,when they get full of themselves, make statements that criticize others yet should be directed at themselves.

And now they want to issue a CD with their "music"! Please don't give permission, Linda B.!
It's funny how irritated he sounds about having to get permission to release a recording. As if the mere words were an inconsequential aspect of their important compositions - "And we need permission from the writer?! Absurd!"

Meanwhile, how many of the musicians, singers, composers or noisemakers are pictured on the web page or in any press about this? None. Just pictures of Bukowski and Bukowski's name in BIG LETTERS.

Bukowski! Bukowski! Bukowski!

Suckerfish.

Last edited:
They're exploiting Bukowski's name to make a name for themselves! Take the work of a famous person, make a spin-off product and be somebody! That's how you go from being a nobody to a being a somebody...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well there's a smokey voiced Norwegian lass . . . :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back