OJ Simpson needs a team (2 Viewers)

Gerard K H Love

Appreciate your friends
Thirteen years to the day after his acquittal for murder OJ Simpson was found guilty of thirteen counts of kidnapping and robbery in Las Vegas.

Where is Johnnie Cochran when you need him, especially when it looks like a set up. The female judge in this case was no help either.

OJ Rolls Snake Eyes in Vegas

I can testify that Nevada's climate is quite the balm for arthritis. Galanter's defense, riddled with populist bullshit about a man's property being the foundation of his life's work, was horribly flawed: O.J., he says, was taken advantage of and manipulated by a bunch of thugs. Galanter admits that O.J.'s compatriots in the let's-take-back-my-shit scheme were criminals and thugs. Okay. Fine. Why the hell did O.J. draft such fuckwits if the whole deal was to be non-violent and non-confrontational? Ocean's 11 they were not.

And O.J.'s four thugs goes free in exchange for testifying against O.J, although all of them had criminal records and one was a pimp! How's that for justice?
On top of that, both the four thugs and the two guys who were held up at gunpoint, call the press immediately after, in the hope of making serious money out of the whole affair. Ha!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand the kidnapping charge. Who did he kidnap?

I have no sympathy for the bastard. He killed two people
and got away with it thanks to sloppy work by the prosecution.
They (the prosecution) had no business putting Mark Furhman -
a white cop and known racist - on the witness stand.
That played right into Cochran's defense and O.J. walked.

Last I heard, he was eligible for a minimum of 15 years to Life.
Good luck tracking down the "real killers" from inside, O.J.

I don't understand the kidnapping charge. Who did he kidnap?

In the US, holding someone against their will by force or threat of violence is considered kidnapping. OJ saying "don't let anyone leave" makes it a kidnapping. And yeah, it will be good to see him serving the time that he should have started serving years ago.

In the US, holding someone against their will by force or threat of violence is considered kidnapping. OJ saying "don't let anyone leave" makes it a kidnapping.

That's seems like a flexible definition. That could make most robberies into a kidnapping too, because you not free to go when you're robbed. So, if the hold-up guy says, "this is a hold-up! Everybody stay put!", then it's robbery plus kidnapping ? Wow!

'Why the hell did O.J. draft such fuckwits....'

Because O.J. IS a fuckwit. The worst part of it is, he'll probably get off on appeal. If he does, it won't be a year until he writes another inane book about his troubles, maybe he'll cry a bit more about not seeing his kids graduate from college. Instead of title, "If I Did It...", he can call it "If I wasn't a Clueless Cold Hearted Bastard".CRB:)

Don't county on it. The guy who set him up may have been shady, but they got him on audio and he admits to being there. The only argument that I know of is that OJ says that they did not bring guns. I believe that one of the guys that was carrying a gun already admitted that he had one. It does not matter, really. 3, 4, 5, or 6 big angry guys blocking a door and keeping two guys from leaving is kidnapping whether that had guns or not.

Also, the reason that the guy had the memorabilia is because he was selling it for OJ on the down-low to keep the money flowing to OJ and keep it from the Goldman family, who has an outstanding judgment against him.

I don't think that he'll get life in prison, but 15 years would be nice.

Bill

I believe he actually said, "Don't let nobody out of this room," which also opens him up to a misdemeanor charge from the Grammar Police.

Marina Del Rey, you win the prize for the most in tune post. LOL That tells the story here double negatives from knuckle heads ( fuck wits ).
Now how are we going to get you enlisted into the Grammar Police Squad?:D

15 years+ would be nice....but I don't understand, if the guy was selling the stuff FOR Simpson, WHY did OJ try to take it back?

As I understand it, OJ turned over this stuff to the dealer, the dealer was trying to sell it, but was not making payments for it. In other words, he was not paying OJ for the items as they were being sold. OJ having hidden them from the court could not call the police as they would have confiscated all of the memorabilia and sold it, sending the money to the Goldman Family. So, everyone had dirty hands in this.

But, I could be wrong. I have not paid much attention to this trial.

I have heard the tapes and they are pretty scary. I would feel like I was being kidnapped if I was in that room. I would think that the audio is on youtube. I heard it on the radio a while back, so it is out there.

Bill

If it wasn't O.J., but a "normal" citizen, What would be the standard sentence in such a situation?

Hi;
Yes, if he were not OJ, it would go one of two ways:

1) Called "Assault w/ A Deadly Weapon (a few years)
2) Called attempted murder. Prosecutors have a habit and juries seem to help them when 5 black men attack two white men.

The real question is if the assailants were white and the victim black. In that case, it would be called a simple assault with no jail time.

(caveat) This is my opinion only. I'm very jaded by the justice system that allows famous and wealthy white people to get minor punishments, while poor black people are stopped illegally, searched illegally and incarcerated for much longer for relatively minor crimes.

Bill

Thanks, Bill! I think you're right. Unfortunately, race plays a big role. Over here I think you would get a relatively short jail sentence, under the circumstances (trying to get your own stuff back by using thugs and guns).
To be in possession of an illegal gun would get your a mandatory six month jail sentence, anyway. It's a different story in the U.S., of course, where everybody can have a gun.

Ideally, it's not good to mix O.J.'s murder trial into this here case, because it would be a (further) corruption of the justice system (and that will hurt everybody in the long run).
On the other hand I don't blame anybody for wanting to see O.J. getting his just desserts, in any way, shape or form.
It'll be interesting to see how stiff a sentence he gets...

Thanks, Bill! I think you're right. Unfortunately, race plays a big role. Over here I think you would get a suspended sentence or a relatively short sentence, under the circumstances (trying to get your own stuff back by using thugs and guns).
It wasn't "his stuff." He gave it to those clowns to sell, as Bill said, in order to hide the proceeds from the courts. If it was "his stuff," why go in to retrieve it with guns and muscle?

And race?! You can't ask "What if OJ was a 'normal' person?" He's not, he's a celebrity, and that changes everything. Realistically, in the scheme of things in America, OJ Simpson is whiter than I am. If he and I walk into a store on Rodeo Drive at he same time, they are going to knock my scraggly ass out the way in a mad rush get a glass of champagne into his hand and find him a comfortable seat.

I would be surprised if OJ does any significant time over this. But then again, he's in Nevada, and those motherfuckers there seem to have their own view of things.

Phil Spector.
Robert Blake.
Michael Jackson.

Guilty, guilty, guilty, and all free as birds.

Last edited:
I would be surprised if OJ does any significant time over this. But then again, he's in Nevada, and those motherfuckers there seem to have their own view of things.
Phil Spector.
Robert Blake.
Michael Jackson.

Los Angeles courts are their own F**ked up world. He will get some time. Then this January G W Bush will pardon him.;)

Pretty tough judges and conservative-leaning criminal courts here in Nevada. Galanter will have to go pretty high up the legal food chain to get his client out of this one.

It wasn't "his stuff." He gave it to those clowns to sell, as Bill said, in order to hide the proceeds from the courts. If it was "his stuff," why go in to retrieve it with guns and muscle?

And race?! You can't ask "What if OJ was a 'normal' person?" He's not, he's a celebrity, and that changes everything. Realistically, in the scheme of things in America, OJ Simpson is whiter than I am. If he and I walk into a store on Rodeo Drive at he same time, they are going to knock my scraggly ass out the way in a mad rush get a glass of champagne into his hand and find him a comfortable seat.

Phil Spector.
Robert Blake.
Michael Jackson.

I see! I was under the impression that O.J. had got those guys to sell his stuff, and when they did'nt give him any money, he went to get his stuff back, using four armed thugs. - Not that it's ok in any way!

You're right! O.J. is whiter than any of us because he's a celebrity. :D
It'll be interesting to see if that fact will help getting off the hook, as in the cases you mention, or if they'll hand him a stiff sentence because he walked away from the murder trial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back