• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Sold Open Bukowski & FBI File (1 Viewer)

Jason

Founding member
Found a few things while unpacking some old boxes:

1. Open Bukowski: His Life as See Through his Writings for the Los Angeles Free Press 1974-1975.
This looks to be photocopies of all his contributions of Notes of a Dirty Old Man to the LA Free Press compiled by Jamie Boran back in 2000. It's one of 25 signed and numbered, several hundred pages and comb-bound.

2. Federal Bureau of Investigation File #140-35907, 1957-1970, Henry Charles Bukowski Jr.
This is also a photocopy of edited and redacted FBI files, with no compiler notes; about a hundred pages.

I don't recall where these came from. Anybody have any thoughts on what they're worth, and/or better yet, is anybody interested in them? They're both brand new.

Bill said he paid $25 for a copy of #1 (though the thread is nine years old). I'd pay that for it now. :) Maybe a little more. Let me know. (Actually, you listed it here in 2008 for $100.)

I'm not sure what kind of value #2 has, since all you have to do is ask to get a copy of that from the government. Though if the one you have is older with the hand drawn redactions it's a bit more interesting than what you can get now. Now the redactions are done by computer, but in the hand-redacted copies you can read through some of them and see what they were trying to cover.

The FBI FILE as well. Jason, you got a PM.

Edit (Thursday): Jason has cancelled the transaction: "I understand some people have had challenges getting items delivered to you. I don't want this item to get lost, so I've refunded your payment in full."

Alright then. Just today I resolved just another problem regarding a lot that I bought via ebay: It turned out, that it had ended up at the local customs office - without giving me a notice of that. In the end I got it. The same happened to me with Bottle Of Smoke Press. The problem is not me, but GERMAN bureaucracy not working.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Jason I have a copy of the FBI files it also signed by John Martin of Black Parrow Published and was his supposedly his copy. I bought from the Rare Book Sleuth a few years ago

Users who are viewing this thread

Back