Paget Barfly (1 Viewer)

I don't have the signed #ed of this but my signed #ed copy of The Day it Snowed in LA is also signed opposite the colophon.

HI,
My copy is very odd. I have a numbered 118/200 copy with red cloth strip just like this ebay listing, but mine was never signed. Krumhansl says that the red cloths were signed and it appears that mine was just missed. This makes it dangerous for someone to buy a book like this and then make it a signed edition. It seems that Paget had more production problems than Black Sparrow.

Anyone else have anything strange with their Paget copy of Barfly?

Bill

Krumhansl states "an additional leaf bearing the signature of the author is tipped in as the verso facing the colophon".
My emphasis.

And Bill... "dangerous"?

I have a numbered 118/200 copy with red cloth strip just like this ebay listing, but mine was never signed. Krumhansl says that the red cloths were signed and it appears that mine was just missed.

Krumhansl states "an additional leaf bearing the signature of the author is tipped in as the verso facing the colophon"

If it was tipped in, could it have been easily removed? Might be on someone's wall?

Krumhansl states "an additional leaf bearing the signature of the author is tipped in as the verso facing the colophon".
I never go to Krumhansl for these questions, but he inevitably has the answer. Thanks.

If it was tipped in, could it have been easily removed? Might be on someone's wall?
"Tipped in" sounds like a loose page, but it's actually glued into the book. That's one of the things that drove me crazy when I first started learning these obscure book makers/sellers terms.

Actually, when I bought my book with a painting I bought it from a mailed catalog (pre-internet) and I was disappointed that the painting was attached to the book. But I got over that disappointment eventually. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back