"Peanuts" as written by Bukowski (1 Viewer)

jose leitao

Charter Member
Founding member
Clipped from BoingBoing: (click link at your own risk, if you think your computer is safe - either way, just the sample here is fun to read. --Jose)
Peanuts by Charles Bukowski

If Peanuts had been written by Charles Bukowski, not Charles Schulz,
200707241511.jpg
It began as a mistake. The first time that Charles Branaski met Lucy Van Pelt, she was holding a football. He didn't care for the game, baseball was his thing. Still, she held out that old football.
"Just kick the fucking thing," she said.
"Listen, babe. You just hold that thing steady and I'll kick the shit out of it."
She threw her head back and laughed. She laughed long and hard and propped up the football. Charlie took a running start and he reared back his leg and kicked as hard as he could. Lucy was laughing too hard to hold the ball steady and it slipped out of her hand. Charlie missed the ball and flew straight up in the air and landed flat on his back.

Link WARNING: I received an email that this site has malware on it. A reader says: "The third page of this made made my browser window scrunch up into a little box and popped open a dialog box trying to get me to do something by scaring me about all the "adult sites" on my computer." Click at your own risk. (Thanks, HIROHITO99!)

Last edited by a moderator:
That's not too bad.

The site doesn't have malware though, but one of the random ads can try to force a download on you that may well be questionable. Just don't download it and you'll be fine. I went through it a second time to copy the pages and didn't run into that ad that time through.

If anyone wants to read it but doesn't want to risk a visit to the site, I will post a link to the clean pages in the private forum.

"peanuts" - is this real bukowski, or just internet simulation?

I'm sure this has come up before, but I'd like to know, if anyone has the info...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back