Pencils made from cremated human remains (1 Viewer)

justine

stop the penistry
humanpencil.jpg

Artist Nadine Jarvis can fabricate pencils from carbon left over by incinerating human remains -- it's part of a larger "research project into post mortem." She notes that "240 pencils can be made from an average body of ash - a lifetime supply of pencils for those left behind."

creepy or cool??:confused:

I once heard a rumor that the person that had half of d.a. levy's ashes was going to make them into paper and print levy's poems on them. This seemed like an urban myth, until I met the man that had half of levy's ashes in Cleveland (the other half were buried). He confirmed that he was in process of making this happen, but wanted to make sure that it was done right.

I think that that this is a good idea, that levy would support, if he knew about it. That being said, you never know. I guess if he sells them and makes a profit, those profits should be donated to a worthy cause. Anything else seems somehow wrong.

Bill

What's next? - Toilet paper? :D
Btw, I saw a tv program about making artificial diamonds. One of the methods is to press human ashes in a chamber. Think about it - to wear diamonds made from human ash...:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that that this is a good idea, that levy would support, if he knew about it. That being said, you never know. I guess if he sells them and makes a profit, those profits should be donated to a worthy cause. Anything else seems somehow wrong.

How do you know the guy selling them is not a 'worthy cause'?

Why is the money going elsewhere necessarily a good thing?

I think that that this is a good idea, that levy would support, if he knew about it.
Yeah, let's meet at Green Hills and get His remains out to make something like that!
I'd be the first to buy a copy of the poem 'I taste the ashes of your death' printed on Bukowski!

What's next? - Toilet paper?
Good idea! The words "George Bush can kiss my ass" would get a totally new meaning!

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you know the guy selling them is not a 'worthy cause'?

Why is the money going elsewhere necessarily a good thing?

That is true, but it seems that making money for yourself wold not be right. If I ever did a project like this, I would insist on not making any money. Of course, levy has no close living relatves. A cousin and nephew are all that is left.

The money going somewhere else is not necessarily a good thing, that is why I said a "worthy cause". The KKK of America would not be a worthy cause.....

Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back