Poetry in Motion doc (1 Viewer)

I think the Poetry In Motion disc is the first place I heard Bukowski's voice, and it threw me for a loop. Wasn't at all what I was expecting. To look at him you might expect a deeper, rougher voice - to match the face I supose. And the words.

It didn't help that the video was the size of a postage stamp on the computer I was using at the time...

disc is the first place I heard Bukowski's voice, and it threw me for a loop.
me too. i got a very strong impression from it that he was a left-handed bi-sexual nazi...:eek: ;) :rolleyes: :D :p

mjp said:
I think the Poetry In Motion disc is the first place I heard Bukowski's voice, and it threw me for a loop. Wasn't at all what I was expecting. To look at him you might expect a deeper, rougher voice - to match the face I supose. And the words.

I heard the man in Hostage (CD) at first time. I was surprised as hell to hear his soft, almost delicate voice. Having heard William Burroughs first I kind of expected Hank's voice to be a rougher version of his voice. After I got used to it I just love to hear him speak!

- Marko

those are very good interviews...both of which I hadn't seen until I clicked this thread.

thanks very much.

I first heard his voice on the King Of Poets cd.

If you can get it for a dollar, sure. ;) I wouldn't pay more than a couple bucks for it though.

When it came out 100 years ago it was very cutting edge, technologically, and there was very little Bukowski video readily available. So at the time it was interesting, but now it's kind of irrelevant.

Illegal?

If you can get it for a dollar, sure. ;) I wouldn't pay more than a couple bucks for it though.

No, $18 or so, on ebay. I'd like to see the Buk part of this festival only, that's all. I guess I need to wait until they put it on youtube again, or someone wants to send me a copied copy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back