Politics (1 Viewer)

I watched my first State of The Union address. Did I waste my time? I liked myself better when I didn't vote. Any committed non-voters here?

That was such a stupid question I don't deserve an answer.

I watched my first State of The Union address. Did I waste my time? I liked myself better when I didn't vote. Any committed non-voters here?

Do you feel like you wasted your time? Why did you like it better when you didn't vote? I vote in every election even though I know that, at least on a national level, my vote is meaningless.

buck said:
That was such a stupid question I don't deserve an answer.

Ahh, the first step on the road to enlightenment, Grasshopper. The answer is within you. Go into the light. Go into the light.

state of the union speeches bore me.
actually any presidential speech bores me

I'm committed to vote for a candidate
that doesn't stand a chance to win.

I didn't watch it but my 80 year old mother told me what he said.

Everything wrong is because of Bush and I am going to make it all better and the Supreme Court Justices are a big part of the problem. We need every American to do more to help our country.

Everything wrong is because of Bush and I am going to make it all better and the Supreme Court Justices are a big part of the problem. We need every American to do more to help our country.
This is why I loath listening to pres. speeches.

EVERYTHING wrong because of BUSH. I find that very hard to believe.
I'M going to make it all better. Dude, you're not a superhero.
Supreme court judges a BIG part of the problem. Part of the problem perhaps, the BIG part is debatable.
EVERY AMERICAN do more to help. Not every American is in the position to do more; too busy trying to find a job that was lost to CHINA thanks to Clinton.

Jesus Christ, sometimes I think you are the stupidest person ever to press the "on" button of a computer.

This is why I loath listening to pres. speeches...

Do you read the news? From this, you don't seem to have the slightest idea what's going on in this country. Are you even aware that the Supreme Court just gave multinational mega-corporations the keys to the car? Did you miss the fact that the Bush administration gutted the constitution and destroyed the economy during the 8 years they were in power?

Or are you just joking and I missed it?

I'm not an Obama fan, but what he said in the speech was pretty accurate.

And by the way, Gerard's little synopsis is not an accurate portrayal of the speech.

The best way to stay out of these debates, I've always found easiest is by just saying that I'm Canadian. It's fantastic and you get tons of people off your ass come time of election with the simple response "I'm Canadian"

I like bongobill. Not very many people would come back like that and admit a mistake, even a small misunderstanding.

There is no such thing as stupid in politics just look at people like John Edwards or most of them for that matter.

this thread should be moved to the spotlight section just to showcase someone getting insulted (like, actually insulted, not merely jibed or critiqued) and moving past it without launching into a dumb troll diatribe.

Wait, who was insulted? I just got here...

By my calculation, it would seem that everyone in this thread has either felt insulted or insulted someone. A few just insulted themselves. Me gran-pappy always told me never to discuss politics or the rapture.

We are all friends here and can discuss politics without stirring up too much trouble.

Now the rapture is quite another thing. We ALL believe in that ;)

Bill

Let's sum up this whole thread with a conclusion by Schopenhauer:
People suck!

Digit: you don't know it and can't be made responsible, but your new avatar is considered 'taboo' around here, as it is related to a very strange and lovable regular of BukNet. You wouldn't mess with her. None of us would. She's great.

Sorry and cheers to you, her, Ray Ceasar and myself!

mjp: I don't know where you find these rapture websites but keep the faith flowing! I expecially like the idea about the "pyramid to heaven." I can't think of a better way to get to heaven than multi-level marketing!

take a deep breath.as long as gamecock fighting is legal in 11 states then i will remain hopeful that the people will have the last say,not the gov't.

The U.S. Census

Holy shit !

I just filled out my census survey and freaked out when I saw the return envelope. It appeared to be one of those usual deals where you simply re-insert the letter/form/receipt into the envelope with the pre-printed address showing through the cellophane window.... except....

THE RETURN ADDRESS IS A BAR-CODE !!!!
NO NAMES OR STREET LOCATIONS OR CITIES....

AND SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE !!!!

Maybe I'm not up-to-date on the latest Post Office workings, but I swear - I have never felt more like an android participating in mindless governmental control than right now.

And the scary part is, I will probably get used to this stuff sooner than I imagine

(shudder)

That's funny, our envelope has a return address printed on it.

I see here though that they wanted this back before April 1, which is today. Didn't give much time to fill it out. I like to let mail age on the desk here for a few weeks so it's ripe when I open it. That might explain my bad credit rating.

But we're going to say that we're millionaire Eskimos. Is that wrong?

The statistics are to be for April 1st so we mail them today. On April 27th I start training for going door to door of the homes who did not send in their surveys. That means I get to go find and interview people who do not want to be found. I can hardly wait.
I went around last year verifying addresses and found areas where there are people who are off the grid for a reason.

I will fill mine out right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back