Post Office/ Women (maybe a new sub-forum coming?) (1 Viewer)

D

dolittle2x

Does anyone have any info about these 2 books being made into movies?!
I'm in LA and hearing too much.....

I still believe our man's most limited 'productions'
Will eventually (maybe sooner than 'sooner or later')
Command liquid gold (oil?! :>) prices.

Will this be a better world when the world appreciates and acknowledges our fellow?!

Does anyone have any info about these 2 books being made into movies?!

[...]

Will this be a better world when the world appreciates and acknowledges our fellow?!

'Post Office' is owned by Tylor Hackford. Since he didn't show any efforts to picturize it the last 35 years, I doubt he will now.

I just forgot, who owns 'Women', but it's fairly known in the forum.

This world will Never be a "better" place since there's no climax after "the worst". It's beyond comparison.

Bear in mind that film rights to a literary work are typically granted for a finite amount of time. So if Hackford bought rights 35 years ago, it is very unlikely that he still has those rights. Five years is a more common term, and if nothing is done, the film rights revert to the author/publisher, who can sell them to someone else.

But who knows what Bukowski and Martin may have signed off on back in the 70's. It isn't as if Hollywood was banging down the door vying for the rights to his work. They may well have signed an indefinite deal, who knows.

so I can't continue with cheap jokes from 'Twin Peaks' - ("The owls are not what they seem").

Anyway ... have fun with your new name!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back