• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Price these, please. (1 Viewer)

Lolita Twist

Rose-hustler
Since I'm a veteran (of the site), be nice.

Anyway. Ken and I are moving (I are moving? ugh) to Las Vegas and are taking nothing but our clothes, via car. Need to sell everything. I have...

A New Years Greeting From Black Sparrow Press (1989) Mint Condition (1 of 1,000)
New Year's Greeting 1995 basically mint but with a slight coffee stain

I also have an Xmas card with drawings from Buk on it... but John on here gave that to me so I don't really want to sell it.

Also if anybody knows... I have what the record shop guy thinks is a rare Edwin A. Robinson. "Collected Poems" it has a name written inside it - Ellen something, dated 1932. But I'm not sure what edition it is. The guy at the record shop said, "I can't take that from you... that's worth about $1,000 dollars." I was like, what?

A New Years Greeting From Black Sparrow Press (1989) Mint Condition (1 of 1,000) $15.00
New Year's Greeting 1995 basically mint but with a slight coffee stain $2.00

I also have an Xmas card with drawings from Buk on it... but John on here gave that to me so I don't really want to sell it. Keep it

You can search abebooks or see what they typically sell for on ebay. A coffee stain makes the '95 NYG pretty much worthless.

yeah, Chronic is right. The NYGs are cool books, but the later ones are not worth much. Even the early ones are not very pricey unless you are talking about lettered or signed copies.

His prices are spot on.

Bill

Not knowing the details, my wild guess is that the Edwin A. Robinson signed book is not worth anything near $1,000. A search for his books, signed, on ABE, finds one title at $16. Collected Poems, 1 of 300 copies, signed, can be had for $40. Maybe this is some incredible inscribed association copy, but still, he's not exactly a hot author these days.

oh i get it. well, say hi to father luke on your way to living-out-a-fantasy-because-you're-too-fucking-boring-to-live-a-real-life land.

Yes, actually it was. Youse keep bringing other things up and I try not to ignore people.

Mike - he's not my grandfather, he's my great-uncle (Pop's brother in law).

Bye now. Thank you again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back