• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Problem bidding on ebay (1 Viewer)

bospress.net

www.bospress.net
http://cgi.ebay.com/X-RAY-Number-7-...t=Antiquarian_Collectible&hash=item4aa75fc129

It is strange. I tried to bid and it says that my bid is blocked by the seller, which is strange as I just bought something else and paid within minutes (and left positive FB, including all of the most stars.)

I tried to e-mail the seller to ask why I am blocked, but ebay says that I cannot ask the seller any questions.

Either this is a serious ebay fuck up (that, no surprise, will cost their sellers money), or the seller is pissed at me for some reason that I cannot figure out...

Maybe the seller'll see this post. I have no other way to get a hold of them...

Bill

Bill, I think that you do, by looking at the other items he has for sale, and once on that page, you should have the option to contact the seller by clicking on his name at the bottom left.
It also depends where they ship.
I had the same problem with this seller, and I just happen to have his email.
I am sending it to you.

Thanks. I'll try the email. I am blocked from even contacting them using ebays "contact this seller" button. I'll email directly. Bill

i think it's cause you were trying to buy more than one item. that happened to me once and
the seller said he had to approve or unblock anyone wanting to bid on more than one thing.

I emailed him directly (Jocelyn sent me the e-mail address), but no, when ebay blocks you from bidding, they also block you from contacting even if you put in the (o). Brilliant, eh? Also, I bought and paid immediatly last time and left perfect FB, so there is no reason that I would be blocked. I bid on something of his last week, but this is the only one right now that I am trying to bid on. Looks like ebay is making a mess of things.

Good Luck. And thanks for making it weird that i paid for a copy of Roominghouse Madrigals today as my first ebay purchase , all in a matter of minutes. Hope my $11.49 was spent wisely.:confused:

...who knows. Maybe I did something wrong. I sent two personal e-mails asking to bid on his items, but no reply and i am still banned, even though I just bought something, paid immediately, and left positive FB.

Bill

seemed like a decent enough guy and I can see no reason why he would not want a bidder that pays fast and leaves good FB. Even if I did not win the beds, at worst, I would raise his selling price. If this is an ebay problem, then there are a few of us that may also be banned, which could cause these books to go really cheap...

I can't find anything to indicate that it's an eBay problem. I wouldn't think eBay would let a problem that costs them money persist for much longer than 10 minutes.

Recent lurker here. I think the seller may just be away from his email. I bought something from him a few weeks ago on ebay - he's been super responsive but hasn't responded in the last 24 hrs. Maybe he is celebrating the new year early. :)

Maybe. I usually can tell when I piss someone off. This one would have me stumped.

That being said, I emailed him today and also last Tuesday. He listed more things after the first e-mail. Maybe my e-mails got caught up in his spam filter.

Bill

Do you remember before xmas the ebay auction for the 3 signed Laugh Literary and Humping Guns publications and a signed letter? I'm the one who bought them for my husband as a present from this seller. I spent hours and hours on your forums trying to make sure it'd make a good gift! Hopefully I didn't get too hosed. Just want to say you guys are really awesome. :)

The price was higher that I could have gone, but it was more than fair given that these must be the nicest copies of these important mags out there. Plus, it came with a letter, right? Yes, $610 for three signed mags, with drawings and a letter was a deal...

Bill

Oh good!! Thank you so much!! I was worried about authenticity etc. (hence the hours of research on your forums). Unfortunately I haven't received them yet - he sent them to my old address by accident and they sent it back to him...I hope to god they're not lost in the mail...that would SUCH a loss.

I also bought for the husband years ago a manuscript - I don't see it in the manuscript section...would you guys know anything about it? It's a poem called "out of the money / celine is 3 dots" It's signed from 1983. It had corrections. I bought it because it mentions Celine and the hubbo is a big fan of Celine.

the ebay auction for the 3 signed Laugh Literary and Humping Guns publications and a signed letter? I'm the one who bought them for my husband as a present...
You almost didn't. ;) I had my finger on the trigger for that one, but I was a few seconds too late. I usually let a robot do that kind of last minute bidding, and losing that one reminded me why.

I think the price was a steal, considering a decent letter will set you back 5 bills these days, and I've never seen a full run of Laugh Literary - signed and illustrated - like that.

I don't see it in the manuscript section...would you guys know anything about it? It's a poem called "out of the money / celine is 3 dots"...
It will be in there soon.

poem1983-12-29-out_of_the_money.jpg

Well, what you have is likely a carbon copy of the poem that is signed in ink with hand-written edits by Buk. He signed nearly, if not all, of them and there are a good number of them out there. But they still are coveted by collectors as each one is unique (and if you meant, "did he sign many of this particular poem?" then no. He may have signed another edited version, or maybe not). You've got the signed one for the most part. The one you posted is quite a nice one, too.

Actually, he stopped using carbon paper in 1980, so that is a Xerox.

That's an early IBM Selectric (his first electric typewriter) manuscript. He had only been using that typewriter for four or five months at that time. The poem is in the night torn mad with footsteps.

Thank you. Yes, I think I have a Xeroxed one with an original inky signature and inky corrections. Ours is slightly different - it has a Santa Cruz address on the upper left corner under his name. They both have the same date. 12/29/1983. I think I got it around that time, 7-8 years ago, that you guys mentioned (in other forums) when there were tons of manuscripts on ebay.

I was going to put in an $85 bid, but as I am blocked, it went for $24.50, which is about $75 less than this is worth any day of the week.

If only the seller would reply to my e-mails...

Bill

Was wondering if you resolved your problems with this seller. Apparently not. Strange the block and lack of communication. Seller has some decent stuff but I've this hang-up with the 'as is' types - based on past experience(s) (such as the scan of a book revealing it to be in remarkable shape but there was some Andromeda Strain like shit going on between the covers once I received it that was not noted) and the response: sold as is - no refund - now kindly go fuck yourself while I go spend your dinero.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back