problem with my notebook pls anybody help (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I think that the problem is that you are asking advice on fixing your computer on a website devoted to a man who died 13 years ago. You may want to go to a forum that is about computers, not literature...

Bill

i can understand her frustration/desperation - but to come to a forum dedicated to bukowski? uh! i've never been that desperate!

These acne or computer problem posts are part one of a spam scheme. Now some other "new user" usually chimes in with the spam link.

The only problem with that is that I have some blocks in place to put new users posts with URLs into moderation, so no one but me ever has to see them. If they are valid (so far only 1 has been), I o.k. them, the rest go to the cornfield.

I figure there's no harm disclosing that here as A) the spammers will never read this far into a thread, and B) they can't defeat the block. Bastards.

This forum has so many safety features built into it. I wonder what would have happened if the owner of this forum had not thought this through. I suspect that we would have to wade through more spam than real content.

Raise a glass to mjp!

Bill

Thanks. I take pleasure in beating them at their own game. Until they figure out the next way in. Heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back