Radar Magazine Mickey Rourke (1 Viewer)

http://www.radaronline.com/features/2006/10/humble_fish.php

"One of your most famous roles is Henry Chinaski in Barfly. How was that film to make?
The director [Barbet Schroeder] was kind of an asshole, but the project was very interesting. Bukowski was on the set. I liked Charlie. Charlie was cool with me. I was never a Bukowski fanatic or anything. I did enjoy reading a few of his books, but, you know, it wasn't like he was Tennessee Williams to me."

:eek:.....Charlie?

This is Mickey trying to impress the readers that he was pals with Bukowski. Had he said "Hank" it would have confused the average reader, so he called him Charlie to show that they were close. That is my guess anyway.

Hell, at least he did not call him "Chuck"...

Sad either way. Some people try so hard.

Bill

Emily

:)Yes, I'm Emily. Finally someone noticed. When I read this paragraph, it always makes me hungry.

The first thing I remember my grandmother saying was, 'I will bury all of you!' She said this the first time just before we began eating a meal, and she was to say it many times after that, just before we began to eat. Eating seemed very important. We ate mashed potatoes and gravy, especially on Sundays. We also ate roast beef, knockwurst and sauerkraut, green peas, rhubarb, carrots, spinach, string beans, chicken, meatballs and spaghetti, sometimes mixed with ravioli; there were boiled onions, asparagus, and every Sunday there was strawberry shortcake with vanilla ice cream. For breakfasts we had french toast and sausages, or there were hotcakes or waffles with bacon and scrambled eggs on the side. And there was always coffee. But what I remember best is all the mashed potatoes and gravy and my grandmother, Emily, saying, 'I will bury all of you!'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back