• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Rare Bukowski and Not-So-Rare Bukowski (1 Viewer)

bospress.net

www.bospress.net
Hi,
Here are some books that are being offered. I tried to be fair with prices, but if any look out of line, feel free to bust my balls. Shipping is additional. Have a look and let me know.... I can send photos, of course. just lemme know.

Rare(r) Books & 1st Editions

At Terror Street and Agony Way - Black Sparrow Press, 1968, First Edition, 1/747, paper. Some sunning to the spine and slight bumps at yapped edges. The inside is stunningly perfect. This is one of the nicest copies that I have seen. $300

Poems Written Before jumping Out Of An 8 Story Window - poetry Xchange 1968, First Edition, 1/400. Perfect condition, except.... The text block was stapled, but the cover never attached. This could be done, but I never had the heart to change it. This is the way that it was assembled 40 years ago. $175

The Day It Snowed in LA - Paget Press, 1986. First Edition HARDBACK. Lettered edition (this one "F"), with pink spine. Not even listed in Krumhansl. Buk signed and included a little man w/ bottle drawing. $350

A Visitor complains of my Disenfranchise, Illuminati Press, 1987. First Edition. Wraps with brass "doorknob". 1/225 copies. A strange little book. $200

The Movie: Barfly - Black Sparrow Press 1987. Hardcover Trade 1st Edition. 1/500. As new. $80

Three by Bukowski - Black Sparrow Press 1992. Hardback 1st, 1/104 copies. As New. $110

Bukowski Photographs 1977-1987 by Montfort. 1987. One of 470 copies in wraps. Some staining on the front and rear covers. The rear stain was almost certainly from a price sticker. Still a nice looking book. $175.00

Hot Water Music, Black Sparrow Press 1983. Paperback 1st Edition. Near Fine condition. $30

The People Look Like Flowers At Last, Hardback 1st Edition. $10

Slouching Toward Nirvana, 1st Hardback $10

Broadsides

Dear Friend: A Letter from Henry Miller to Charles Bukowski, Table Talk Press 1987. $30
Chilled Green, Alternative Press 1970, $40
Body Slam, X-Ray Press, $75
Democracy, X-Ray Press, $50
War All the Time, A Poet*5 $20
Crime & Punishment, black Sparrow Press $20
Playing it Out, Toothpaste Press $20
A consistent sort, X-Ray Press $50
Fencing With the Shadows, X-Ray Press $200
Three more By Bukowski, X-Ray Press $25
Upon This Most Delicate Profession, Second Coming Press, signed by A.D. Winans. $75
What they Want, Maurice Neville Rare books 1977 $20

What-nots and hoosiwinkers

High School Senior Yearbook, Summer 1939 THE picture from the cover of ham on Rye is here. Also, Buk is listed in the ROTC with a small pic. $350

High School Senior Yearbook, Winter 1939, no big Buk picture, but he is listed by name in the ROTC. Also, big pix of people like Baldy Mullinax, Jim Haddox.... $100

Funeral Announcement, 1994. This one of the actual funeral announcements passed out at Buk's funeral. $200

X-Ray #7. 1998, Issue includes 1 Buk poem, also Billy Childish, Dan Fante, Michael Montfort, A.D. Winans, Hubert Sebly jr, Jason Davis. $250

The FBI Files. Published by 12 Gauge Press in 2003. Draft copy. 1 of only 5 copies, this being the editor's copy. Numbered 1/5 and signed by Michael Montfort. Published without cover, the large book is just glued at the edge. This was released before the cover was finalized. $200

Reading Copies and later printings:

South of No North, Black Sparrow, Hardcover, later printing from 1995. Some wear, but still nice looking. $30
Dangling in the Tournefortia, Hardcover, later printing from 1998. $30
Hot Water Music, paperback reading copies. Both from Black Sparrow Press, one from 2001, one from 1988, both look nice, but are not perfect. $5 each.
Women, paperback, Black Sparrow Press, 2001. $5
Mockingbird Wish me Luck, black Sparrow Press 1998, near fine $7
The Captain is Out to Lunch, Black Sparrow Press 2000, slight wear $5

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry ROC,

Fencing went a couple hours ago.

Also gone is:

Body Slam, X-Ray Press
War All the Time, A Poet
A consistent sort, X-Ray Press
Fencing With the Shadows, X-Ray Press
Three more By Bukowski, X-Ray Press
Upon This Most Delicate Profession, Second Coming Press, signed by A.D. Winans.
What they Want, Maurice Neville Rare books 1977

Doh!

Bill

I sat and stared at this post shortly after it went up and thought, "Fencing? Fencing?" but in the end I had to resist the temptation.

I'll list some of these books on ebay on Tuesday. Anyone interested in getting them before then, please let me know, please let me know.

I also have some other items, but I'm not sure if I want to list them.

Bill

Bill, Those are some impressive books. I hope they're extra copies and you aren't being forced to cash out everything to make the mortgage -- which is not that far from my own current situation. I would be tempted but my Paypal balance is a buck and some change. No more books for me for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back