Raymond Pettibon (1 Viewer)

Any other fans of the artist Raymond Pettibon out here?, got to be, hell, I'll bet old Buk himself would/might have liked his stuff too.

I slinked out of the suburbs today and headed in town for a bit. Stopped by an independant bookseller and saw this lovely volume put out by CFA Berlin of his work. I just love it. Trains, baseball, violence etc.

Of course, he's a big-ass rock star now, and his stuff probably sells for millions, but this is one volume of reproductions I want.

For those collectors out there, they got some of Buk's stuff under glass, and a first edition of the Satanic Bible for a cool grand. I was tempted to ask if they would take blood sacrifices in lieu of cash, but the clerk was one of those surly hipster types, that usually dislike my looks.

http://www.cfa-berlin.com/artists/raymond_pettibon/works/splash/

I used to buy the little numbered books that Pettibon would put out from Rhino Records in West L.A. I think that they cost about $1.25 each. I sold them on eBay a few years ago and got $300+ each for a few of them and $650 for one. Wish I'd have bought a stack of them way-back-when.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back