Remember Tim Buckley ? (1 Viewer)

Black Swan

Abord the Yorikke!
Aside from Buk he was one of my favorite souls. Oh yes and there was also Jimmy Hendrix . And there was Lovat Yuen my then partner (writer in the dark who introduced me to Bukowski) and his dear brother Thomas Wong (artist) also gone at 42. I hope that you don't mind this nostalgic wave. So you see time flies as everyolderone says and I am reluctantly looking in that direction at this precise moment. Goodnite.

I have a couple of albums of Buckley, I like his music very much. His son isn't bad either...

I saw him live twice in Vancouver in the late seventies. First show was far out folk. Second was best rock show I ever attended in a small theater (Greetings from L.A.). I will have to get something from his son. Amazing 12 string guitarist.

Jeff Bukley - Grace.
But guys, w're in the wrong section. Maybe MJP can remove us to all things NOT bukowski.

I'd never heard of Tim Buckley I'm afraid. And I know very little of Jeff Buckley (except for Hallelujah - what a brilliant version of the song)

Looked them both up on the net and both died in unfortunate circumstances at a young age. Apparently Jeff was fully clothed and wearing steel capped boots when he went swimming. A bit odd? :confused:

Yes, the death of J. Buckley is still a mistery.

Hhmm, I find the cover Hallelujah his worst song.

i'm with adrian - jeff buckley's version of hallejulah is absolutely beautiful. i recommend grace and live at sin-e.

I had a couple of Tim Buckley albumns in the early 70s and my collection was stolen and I never got back to him. He was the easy listening of that time for me.

BlkSwan I got to see Hendrix in concert. He was good. I really liked it when he yelled at the audience to "SHUT UP!". Summer 1970 Swing Auditorium, San Bernardino,CA. Oh, sorry that's Bernarfuckingdino.

Gerard get that link that your nephew
left for us.
You can keep the link on your desktop and listen to 5-6 hour concerts
by Tim and Jeff Buckley and many more in the quiet hours...;)
want a cigar?

Never saw Hendrix but was a favorite

I confess that I didn't know about Tim Buckley
until his son Jeff made a career of his own

...Ah, but I was so much older then
I'm younger than that now...

Drowned in the Mississippi River
Jeff was depressed to begin with
his friends said and
I tend to agree from what I heard
and listened to

probably the best
pure singing voice of 1990's
and the last twenty years
was Jeff Buckley

but just
my opinion

The Buckleys were great. I especially loved Tim's mid career music. Anyone new to him, I highly recommend the CD Live At The Troubadour 1969. Supercool stuff.

I read the book Dream Brother about the both of them. What a story. Of course you know how the book ends, no surprises there, but I found myself hoping they'd survive. Nope.

Someone mentioned Sin-e. After Grace, the Legacy Edition of that is the one to get. What came out of just one dude and an electric guitar was astounding.

I have everything of him

best album to start; Goodbye and Hello, my fav. album; Lorca

I think a lot of people from here gonna love him when they get into him, as his lyrics were veritable poems and his voice so sensitive and powerfull

ok take a listen to this http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=-thc-sWNcGU&feature=related

Once I was a soldier
And I fought on foreign sands for you
Once I was a hunter
And I brought home fresh meat for you
Once I was a lover
And I searched behind your eyes for you
And soon there'll be another
To tell you I was just a lie

And sometimes I wonder
Just for a while
Will you ever remember me?

Though you have forgotten
All of our rubbish dreams
I find myself searching
Through the ashes of our ruins
For the days when we smiled
And the hours that ran wild
With the magic of our eyes
And the silence of our words

And sometimes I wonder
Just for a while
Will you ever remember me? . . . . Ever remember me?

Last edited by a moderator:
I do a monthly all jazz show on my site and occasionally try to fit a rock or folk song onto the show that shouldn't fit into a jazz show but just does. On #28 I played Tim Buckley's "Strange Feeling", the studio version from Happy Sad and followed it with "All Blues" by Miles Davis from Kind Of Blue. They fit side by side quite well being the main melody is the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back