RIP Jeff Hanneman - Slayer (2 Viewers)

I was watching the documentary Metal Evolution last night. Last nights episode was thrash metal and Slayer was prominent in this episode. A great episode and a great documentary.
I needed a ride from Brantford Ontario to Montreal and my buddy, a Slayer fanatic offered on one condition. I buy the beer for the ride and the only thing on the tape player is Slayer. I had never heard of them.
Needless to say I agreed. We dropped acid outside Toronto and made it to Montreal in record time-even after being stopped by the cops just across the Quebec border while we had a 24 between us.
They were looking for illegal smokes so let us go.
Slayer made that trip one of those "bragging rites of passing" moments.

I needed a ride from Brantford Ontario to Montreal and my buddy, a Slayer fanatic offered on one condition. I buy the beer for the ride and the only thing on the tape player is Slayer. I had never heard of them.
Needless to say I agreed. We dropped acid outside Toronto and made it to Montreal in record time-even after being stopped by the cops just across the Quebec border while we had a 24 between us.
They were looking for illegal smokes so let us go

Em, lovin' the story and sorry to be a pedant here, but who the hell was doing the driving?? I mean I really shouldn't be laughing here, but I am, I know Canada is a big place and you probably have loads of empty roads but WTF! Reminded me of the scene from Withnail and I when they're pissed in the car on the motorway, but that was in the morning, in the 60's and there was no other cars. Or have I completely got the wrong end of the stick here? with the story.

PS also in the film they had decency to listen to Jimi Hendrix and All Along The Watchtower whilst careering down the motorway - not Slayer.

Just for you, wee Shortbus;They Leave London, Pissed:

They come back to London, Pissed: PS the whole film can be viewed on Youtube if you so desire:

The 401 is a wonderful highway. My buddy Menger did the driving. Like I said, it was one of those nights that youthink about at 90 and laugh and laugh while they ask if you need more tea. Great clip-thanks.

You're right, it would be really sad not have some crazy episodes to look back on and laugh about. They are rites of passage. Wouldn't recommend them as a lifestyle choice though! If you can; watch the whole film of Withnail and I, it will be on Netflix and Love Film as well as free on Youtube, it's very,very, funny.

What about the ending, doesn't it make you want to cry?
Don't know if you've seen these; but if you're a Star Wars fan (and who the hell isn't?) you will like these, they made me laugh anyway:
Those are bloody hilarious!
And as to the film itself, yes the ending is really sad. I think that what makes it so good though in general, i.e. the poignant bits along with the humour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back