Rock and Roll Jizz (1 Viewer)

Hosh

hoshomccreesh.com
I've probably mentioned it before, but I'm a huge fan of Doug Draime's work. A contemporary of Bukowski, in the LA Undergroud scene at the same time...and, better than that, in the same bars in East Hollywood. I think he's a helluva writer and a helluva guy...and his latest, ROCK & ROLL JIZZ by Propaganda Press is a terrific introduction to the work, and by proxy, the man.

If you don't know Doug's work, but love Bukowski...I'm positive you'll like Doug's. That's a bold statement, I know...but I truly believe it. And, at $6, how can you miss? As I told Doug this afternoon, there haven't been but a few times in my life that I've ever wanted to be someone else...but reading this book today I thought, "I kind of wish I was Doug Draime..."

Try this book, folks--I honestly don't think you'll regret it.

http://alt-current.com/pp/pp_item.html#rock_n_roll_jizz

Doug Draime: Speed of Light

A free eChap to sample his uber-short wares from Dale at RHP. Plenty of other stuff out there to read if you google him. Like Huffstickler, I think Draime is a bridge between times and styles...and both speak directly to these very human parts of us as readers. At first glance it seems like sex, drugs, and rock and roll (which is awesome)...but, like Buk, there's always more going on there...the kind of stuff we only start to see after reading a bunch of poems back to back. And, like Huffstickler--I hope to one day see a fat book on the shelves of Powell's or my local indy bookstore--a 1,000pg opus.

Yes, thanks.

I have to admit that I didn't know Draime, and I liked Reasons and Speed of Light very much. Definitely worth checking out more from this writer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back