• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Steve Richmond sale (2 Viewers)

Hey all.

For the few, maybe more, Steve Richmond fans here aboard, I'm offering up a collection of books that I've had for awhile, but have decided to sell.
Hope this is the right place to post this, if not, my apologies!

If interested, just PM me and we'll go from there.
$2 for shipping.

These will be tossed up on Ebay, sometime in the near future.
Just wanted to give you guys first pick.

-----------Steve Richmond---------------

Santa Monica Poems: #168 out out of 250 copies, signed by Richmond/Published by Sun Dog Press/1987/Near Fine in wraps save for foxing on top closed end pages.
$15

Demon Notebook
: Signed by Richmond/Published by Water Row Books/Near Fine wraps/few bent bottom corners of pages.
$20

Earth Rose
: Signed by Richmond on title page/One page foreword by Bukowski/Published by Earth Books/Softcover/1974/VG + copy, some foxing on top and bottom closed end pages/Minor soiling to front and back cover.
$30

Aphrodite Rising: This is #2 out of 200 copies, signed by Richmond on front cover/Published by Guerilla Poetics Books/1990/Near Fine wraps save for some faint foxing on top pages.
$25

My Wife: #66 out of 200 copies, signed by Richmond/Published by deadtree press/1993/Near Fine wraps/top right corner slightly bent and throughout top corners of pages as well
$20

Wormwood 91 "Prospects"
: #23 out of 70 copies, which has been signed by Richmond. This particular copy has been signed TWICE by Richmond, one in black ink, the other in red/Faint sunning on front wraps/FINE condition
$30

Hitler Painted Roses: Rare/2nd Edition/3 page foreword by Bukowski/Published by EARTH Poet Series 1/Good condition/general wear throughout/staples a bit rusty/soiling and foxing on back cover/tiny tear 'staple like' punctured through front cover and first couple pages.
$40

My Wife: #66 out of 200 copies, signed by Richmond/Published by deadtree press/1993/Near Fine wraps/top right corner slightly bent and throughout top corners of pages as well
$20

Wormwood 91 "Prospects": #23 out of 70 copies, which has been signed by Richmond. This particular copy has been signed TWICE by Richmond, one in black ink, the other in red/Faint sunning on front wraps/FINE condition
$30

I'll take these two.

Here's what's left.

Santa Monica Poems: #168 out out of 250 copies, signed by Richmond/Published by Sun Dog Press/1987/Near Fine in wraps save for foxing on top closed end pages.
$15

Demon Notebook: Signed by Richmond/Published by Water Row Books/Near Fine wraps/few bent bottom corners of pages.
$20

Earth Rose: Signed by Richmond on title page/One page foreword by Bukowski/Published by Earth Books/Softcover/1974/VG + copy, some foxing on top and bottom closed end pages/Minor soiling to front and back cover.
$30

Aphrodite Rising: This is #2 out of 200 copies, signed by Richmond on front cover/Published by Guerilla Poetics Books/1990/Near Fine wraps save for some faint foxing on top pages.
$25

Hitler Painted Roses: Rare/2nd Edition/3 page foreword by Bukowski/Published by EARTH Poet Series 1/Good condition/general wear throughout/staples a bit rusty/soiling and foxing on back cover/tiny tear 'staple like' punctured through front cover and first couple pages.
$40

I might be interested in Aphrodite Rising. Have to check my Richmond collection -- not sure if I have it or not. Don't hold it for me...I'm just saying maybe.

Earth Rose: Signed by Richmond on title page/One page foreword by Bukowski/Published by Earth Books/Softcover/1974/VG + copy, some foxing on top and bottom closed end pages/Minor soiling to front and back cover.
$30

Is this the FUCK HATE Earth Rose issue he got busted for?

Bukfan,
Earth Rose is a poetry book of 249 pages of poetry, with a foreword by Bukowski.

Hey, I woke up today!
And there was the sun again!
Shooting in through the shades
and spearing me in the eye!
And the clock! still alive!
and the rug was not on fire!
and the lawn! the trees! the gutter
All there! Once again!
Today!

Earth Rose is a poetry book of 249 pages of poetry, with a foreword by Bukowski.

I see! Then it's not the FUCK HATE issue I was thinking about. Thanks, Black Swan!

Last edited by a moderator:
For the few, maybe more, Steve Richmond fans here aboard

It seems there are less people on buknet who appreciate
the poetry of Richmond.

Who published his books and chapbooks, not so many publishers, right?
So it seems he is known because he was a real good friend of Bukowski.
However, Marvin Malone, (a lot of poetry lovers see him as a Poetry
authority), published Richmond over and over again.

And what did Bukowski see in Richmond's poetry? He even called him
the American Rimbaud.

Stood Bukowski alone in his opinion? Or Bukowski just made it up....?

I believe Steve Richmond had a solid reputation as a poet aside from his friendship with Bukowski. The friendship was probably more important to Richmond than to those of us who read Richmond. I don't know if he knew it, but Richmond didn't need Bukowski. On some level, he obviously knew he could stand on his own as an artist, but on another, more emotional level, he seemed to feel he needed to have Buk's approval.

I haven't read a lot of Richmond, but what I've read I have enjoyed. I'd love to pick one of these up, but having to move (again) will likely drain my cash. Still, if these are on eBay after I get settled, maybe I'll have to pick 'em up.

I checked and I don't have Aphrodite Rising. Is it still available? You can see why I miss out on so many things. I am slow on the draw most the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back