Strummer fans (1 Viewer)

Saw The Future Is Unwritten last weekend. Very good wrap up of what Strummer was about. It was funny that Temple didn't put the names of any of the speakers on the screen. You really had to know who was who in Strummer's life to recognize who the hell was talking. That or just let go of trying to figure out and ride the wave of the movie.

Movie was 2+ hours but it went by in a few blinks of the eye. To me, that's the sign of a well made flick. Or maybe it was because we were in a ritzy "living room" theater at the Landmark Westside Pavilion.

livingroomtheater.jpg

Who knew such things exited? Reserved seat couches? It was the perfect way to see a movie about a punk rock icon. In excess and luxury.

Who knew such things exited? Reserved seat couches? It was the perfect way to see a movie about a punk rock icon. In excess and luxury.

Reminded of the kid being quoted on CNN today.
"Has the rise in gas price affected you?"

No, not really, I use my mom's credit card.

Thanks for the review. I hope to see the film when it comes to Toronto.
If you want another odd juxtaposition try this site.
Its the new (to me) Mick Jones band and its freaking awful.
I really wanted to say, "wow Mick kept one foot ahead of the curve" but this stuff makes me cringe, I mean it actually bothers me under my skin, makes me physically ill its just that bad. I had my way I would throw up at the mention of this bands name from this day forward.
http://www.carbonsiliconinc.com/

Hmm, what did you hate about it? I was expecting some industro-compu-noise based on your reaction and the name of the band, but instead it was all semi-crunchy nursery rhyme music and clumsy, obvious, bordering-on-painful lyrics.

Which is funny, because I know Mick Jones can write a song, so what happened? Did he have a brain injury or a stroke or something? I can't think of any other way you could forget how to do something that you used to know how to do. Weird.

This is the musical equivalent of Bukowski putting out a book of uninspired rhyming Dorothy Parker poems right after Love is a Dog From Hell, and then continuing on with the rhymers as if the other books never existed.

Hmm, what did you hate about it? I was expecting some industro-compu-noise based on your reaction and the name of the band, but instead it was all semi-crunchy nursery rhyme music and clumsy, obvious, bordering-on-painful lyrics.
Yes thats why I hated it. It's like he's either not trying or trying way to hard to stay in a character no one wants to see or hear-like Crispen Glover on Letterman type stuff.
Worse theres not a decent guitar lick/hook which I always thought was his strongest asset.
And his voice seems flat-disinterested-theres no Train in Vain type effort.
His forte (in my opinion) was that he could alweays develop a hook (actually write a good song) while still maintaining credibility with his intended audience (me).
Vapid sucks up Mick Jones bye bye

Users who are viewing this thread

Back