Sun Dog Press & My First Book (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And now it doesn't matter how good your words are...not many around here are going to give you a fair read. And that includes the many tremendous publishers that frequent these boards, have published Bukowski, and might otherwise have published you. All you've done is cost yourself a bunch of potential readers (many who've bought Sun Dog books) and a maybe a few potential opportunities.

It doesn't matter how good my words are? It doesn't matter? Elvis Christ. Listen to yourself.
You don't give a rat's ass about the word, the line, the way. That's all that matters.

Look if you don't like me...fine...then don't read my book when it comes out. Okay?

Just don't sit there typing away that I'm going around saying 'I'm the next Bukowski'.
Because I'm not. I'm a Valdez and wouldn't have it any other way.

It doesn't matter how good my words are? Listen to yourself.
You should listen to him, actually. He's already done everything you're trying to do and more, and he might have some advice that would serve you well.

You're here among a lot of published writers who are telling you that you're turning them off reading your writing. What if they're all right and maybe - just maybe - you're wrong? Then what? Who's going to buy your book, Berlinski, Martin and your momma? You haven't accomplished enough yet to piss on your potential audience.

Hook them in first, then you can piss on them and they'll enjoy it. That's how it works, hombre. Ask Bukowski. Ask Iggy or Johnny Cash or those cunts from Oasis. When you come out of the gate waving your dick around people just want to see you fail.

Or try it your way. Like I said in my first response to your first post; "good luck with that."

Hey! That's my line!

3588.jpg

If rejection is good for the soul (and of course, it is) then Valdez' soul must be whiter than white by now.
That old "dry cleaner" mjp is really mopping up. (With a little help from his minions.)
Valdez doesn't know how lucky he is...

I really enjoyed reading these. I normally don't like seeing folks slinging negativity at eachother, but the whole stream of posts was actually quite funny. I read a couple of the Valdez poems out of curiosity. I don't see the slightest connection to Bukowski. An interesting approach to getting people to read your poems I supppose.

I read a couple of the Valdez poems out of curiosity. I don't see the slightest connection to Bukowski. An interesting approach to getting people to read your poems I supppose.
I finally made it to read 3 of his scribbles. Teenager style.
I waited two whole days in that Arizona sun.
On the third
I walked back home
and continued the job search.
Good idea. Hopefully you'll find a job.

I think you're all missing out on the brilliance of Valdez. He seems to be satirizing outdated and sterile themes on life through the arbitrary vessel of a greaser. Through this whole imbroglio he is able to construct a tired and useless piece of art. Think of it as unliterary. You don't connect or empathise; you simply nod your head in accordance. I also have to thank you for not decanting the homosocial. You are a credit to Gay literature.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im sorry mate but using some clapped out old banger of a typewriter isn't going to improve your flow and seems to me to be a bit of a pretence. I am not sure what the deal is in the US but in London if you sent a publisher some scrap of bog roll with a scrawl all over it then it would go straight in the trash.

Use a computer and, if you are so worried about losing your work, send an email to yourself with it as an attachment or alternatively use one of the multitude of storage mediums out there.

Thrashing shit out on a typewriter with a quiff and a smoke dangling out ya kisser is wack.

What are you, a time traveller?

Aaaannnnnd on that note (and in commemoration of the great and merciful leader Kim Jong-il), we close the VALDEZ chapter of bukowski.net. Selah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back