The best gift ever (1 Viewer)

you guys are missing the point entirely, debating about the exact hue of the cover. god, you make me crazy hemming and hawing about pantone this and monitor-calibration that.

everyone knows the real question is HOW DOES IT SMELL???

Since I don't have a copy of this I can't sniff it either.

mine smells like feet.

o. wait. I don't have a copy of this one. that's just my feet.

Yeah, plus James really outdid us. We were all proud of our (somewhat) rare books and then he drops some of Bukowski's clothes on us!

Now THAT is rare.

Notice how no one has tried to one-up him. I'm not sure that it is really possible, until someone comes up with one of Bukowski's teeth, I think that we know who won this round....

Bill

well, if the guy who claimed to own a piece of bumwad bukowski used would come forward he might steal james' crown...seriously, that's a crazy item to own, complete with authentication.

yeah, it might be a regional expression...from the great white north......eh?

No, I could never change just part of it. I have decided to call my new press:

BUMWAD

Actually, I'll leave that name for anyone else that may want it.

The first person that asks gets the rights to the name.

Bill

One might think that "bumwad" could have a somewhat different meaning. And since we are talking about best gifts ever, I would take this opportunity to remind all of you that it is far, far better to give than it is to receive.

you guys are missing the point entirely, debating about the exact hue of the cover. god, you make me crazy hemming and hawing about pantone this and monitor-calibration that.

everyone knows the real question is HOW DOES IT SMELL???

I'm actually curious to know... what does the shirt smell like? Haha. I'm being serious. Within that package was a phenominal gift from Linda. An atheist says bless you, and she. :)

Best Buk gift I ever got? Two stick out.

One, from hubby, A New Year's Greeting From Black Sparrow Press, 1989 (or 85? It's upstairs and I don't feel like going to look). Plastic sleeve, like new. Gorgeous.

2e5va6b.png

One recently, from John Martin ;) (no, not that one). A New Year's Greeting From Black Sparrow Press, 1995 - Confessions of a Coward. Beautiful copy. He also got me a cool Buk postcard & New Years card... which the Barfly reference on the inside tickles me... "A Happy New Year... To All My Friends." I'll take pictures of John's gift when I can get more batteries for my Kodak that so closely resembles Hitler in demeanour.

Maybe somebody could use it for a handle? - "Hello, I'm Bumwad. I'm new to the forum.." :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,
Im BUMWAD.

I'm new to the forum.

Also,

My favorite book smells like pine needles and curry.

Can any of you help me with my homework? I just need you to write a paper for me. It is due tomorrow.

Also, can you give me Linda Lee's address? I want to set Chuck's words to Electronica.

Best,
BUMWAD

p.s. Can I post links to myspace where you can all here my Rhode Island gangsta Rap?

BUMWAD said:
Also,

Can any of you help me with my homework? I just need you to write a paper for me. It is due tomorrow.

Also, can you give me Linda Lee's address? I want to set Chuck's words to Electronica.

Best,
BUMWAD

p.s. Can I post links to myspace where you can all here my Rhode Island gangsta Rap?
Get the fuck outta' here and go over to the New Blood section and start a thread there.
Hey good job. You qualify as the bad example of how to enter Bukowski.net.;)

I bet your middle name is Jerome or something like that.

Hello,
Im BUMWAD.

I'm new to the forum.

Also,

Best,
BUMWAD

that is probably the funniest thing i've read in a few weeks! kudos to mjp or whoever wrote that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back