The Desert Is The Country of Madness: New Author from Arizona (1 Viewer)

Last year, when I came to the board, I posted something in the wrong place and got my head bitten off. Hopefully, that doesn't happen again.

I'm a 26 year-old, first time author, from Phoenix, Arizona, being published by Sun Dog Press this year,

Here you can find a few short stories/poems that will be in the book:
http://sweetdannyv.blogspot.com/

Enjoy!

Also, here's the tentative cover design:

CoverIdea5a.jpg

I think you got your "head bitten off" because you're a cunt and an idiot, not because of where you posted.

In any case, this belongs in the small press section. I'll move it there for you. Because I love you. Ponyboy.

Thanks for moving it. It makes no difference to me, gringo. I'm getting published and grinning ear to ear. It's been eight months since I was last on here and the writing has gotten stronger. I got a job doing transcription for television shows, so all I've done is type. It's made everything much tighter. We're putting all the poemstories in order now and I'm transcribing the last twenty from typed paper to digital form. It's finally close to being all finished.

Mr. Dan Fante himself even had a few kinds words for the book, if you can believe it.

Don't pay any attention to these GRINGOS, they are all failed writers and artists and their FAILURE causes them to LASH OUT at the ORIGINAL and TALENTED. It should be a point of PRIDE to you that these halfwit slobs and DILETTANTES are so THREATENED by you that they seek to tear you down! Did you know they can't even pronounce SAN PAY-DRO? You may shake your head in DISBELIEF, but I'm not kidding. That is the level of whitebread SLIME that propagate like wild geese around here.

What are you wearing under the shirt in that picture? Is it a tank top? Or as these mongrels would no doubt say, a WIFE BEATER? I only ask because it looks SNUG and FASHIONABLE, and if you send it to me (please do not wash it first) I will RECIPROCATE with something you may well find DELICIOUS and IRRESISTIBLE.

VIVA LA RAZA!

the author will be signing copies saturday in the parking lot of Al's Diner immediately following the sock hop ball.
summersock.jpg

Self Promotion 101: Don't go onto a forum only to promote yourself. It pisses people off. I have a couple of books out, but I don't use this forum to promote them. Ok, I might have mentioned them a couple of times, but I was visiting this site for years before I got published, so it's chill. There's a couple of small press people that promote themselves on this site all the time, but they are also people who are incredibly active in the forum. I don't know why I'm being so serious right now. I had a stomach bug last night. Maybe thats why.

the author will be signing copies saturday in the parking lot of Al's Diner immediately following the sock hop ball.
Yeah, and I heard The Fonz is going to jump his motorcycle over a shark tank right before the signing. Should be something to see.

Self Promotion 101: Don't go onto a forum only to promote yourself.
He don't give a shit about your rules, gringo! He lives outside your laws.

It's been eight months [...] and the writing has gotten stronger. Mr. Dan Fante himself even had a few kinds words for the book...
Just imagine how fucking awesome you'll be in another eight months! Hopefully you can get a few kind words from Mark Vonnegut and Owen King for your next collected works.

I'm a caveman. These typing gizmos confuse me. I don't know how to put up a picture on this forum. It's embarrassing. But here's a link to my stuff. DRINKING UNTIL MORNING was published by Black Coffee Press. It's dirty realism, a term I hate. The second book, THE CRUD MASTERS, is a Bizarro book. It was published by Eraserhead Press. The story is a based on THE OUTSIDERS, only mine takes place in a dystopian version of the Hamptons. Theres a Transformer in it and a bear with big tits named PUSSY BEAR and sexbots and all sorts of wildness. http://www.amazon.com/Justin-Grimbol/e/B0063X639A/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1343174187&sr=8-1
ahahah. Now I'm shamelessly plugging my shit.

I'm a caveman. It's embarrassing. But here's a link to my stuff. DRINKING UNTIL MORNING was published by Black Coffee Press. The second book, THE CRUD MASTERS, is a Bizarro book. It was published by Eraserhead Press. The story is a based on THE OUTSIDERS, only mine takes place in a dystopian version of the Hamptons. Theres a Transformer in it and a bear with big tits named PUSSY BEAR and sexbots and all sorts of wildness. http://www.amazon.com/Justin-Grimbol/e/B0063X639A/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1343174187&sr=8-1
ahahah. Now I'm shamelessly plugging my shit.
Shameless & embarrassing.

Who are THE OUTSIDERS and what or who is the Hamptons?

THE OUTSIDERS is a YA book by SE Hinton. It was also a movie staring Ralph Machio and Emelio Estev and Tom Cruise when they were really young. Its a classic rich kid vs poor kid tale. The Hamptons is a rich community on the east end of Long Island.

That is where I grew up. I was considered a Crud Meister. This is what they called kids that dressed poor.

Who are THE OUTSIDERS and what or who is the Hamptons?

I don't know about The Outsiders, but I believe the Hamptons are a group of villages on Long Island, New York, where the more well off people likes to go on vacations.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, The Hamptons was a 1970s sitcom about a rich family that lived next door to Archie Bunker. Or am I confused?

I believe the Jeffersons lived next to the Bunkers. And they moved on up to the east side and got a show of their own. RIP Sherman Hemsley, George Jefferson on the t.v., who passed away yesterday.

Just imagine how fucking awesome you'll be in another eight months! Hopefully you can get a few kind words from Mark Vonnegut and Owen King for your next collected works.

Wow. Really? You're trying to marginalize a great writer like, Dan Fante? He's on Harper-Perennial.
Which book label are you on, sir?

Don't pay any attention to these GRINGOS, they are all failed writers and artists and their FAILURE causes them to LASH OUT at the ORIGINAL and TALENTED. It should be a point of PRIDE to you that these halfwit slobs and DILETTANTES are so THREATENED by you that they seek to tear you down! Did you know they can't even pronounce SAN PAY-DRO? You may shake your head in DISBELIEF, but I'm not kidding. That is the level of whitebread SLIME that propagate like wild geese around here

Hahahaha! Sounds about right.

No MJP, I get why you think I'm a cunt. I'd think that too if I was YOUR age, and some 26 year-old came on here, tooting his own horn. So no hard feelings, really. I'd be bitter and shitty if I was you too.

Luckily for me, I'm not.

You're trying to marginalize a great writer like, Dan Fante?
Wait, does that mean you think Mark Vonnegut and Owen King are no good, so comparing Dan Fante to them marginalizes him? Or do you think Dan Fante's "few kind words" for your book marginalize him? Trying to figure out what you're saying is confusing, because you don't communicate very well.

I think he's marginalizing me because he doesn't know where to put his fucking commas.

The book could be amazing but I don't think I could take it seriously with that photo of him on the cover. Unless I've missed something and it's ironic.
Mullinax's book though? Now we're talking.

i just hope he doesn't live near an ocean.

that hair is an environmental disaster just waiting to happen...

DANNY -- THANK YOU SO MUCH for sending me the tshirt you are wearing in the picture. I have been wearing it every day since it arrived.

wifebeater.jpg

I bought the motorcycle jacket like you asked, and I've been WEARING it 24/7 like you asked, though it's HARD at NIGHT sometimes because I have great DIFFICULTY sleeping while perspiring. I don't claim to understand why you asked me to do this, but I am HAPPY to comply, and YES, I will see you in NEW MEXICO after 30 days in the jacket and I hope you have a way to COOL ME OFF. Hahahaha, DANNY!

You didn't say in your letter whether you liked the WRESTLING SHOES and silver ZENTAI UNICORN suit I sent to you. I hope you do, and I hope I see them when we SKYPE on Saturday night. I watched the movie you sent to me with the shirt - HUMAN CENTIPEDE - and yes, you were SO right, it is SEXY!

DANNY, DANNY, DANNY! THANK YOU again! I knew we were KINDRED SPIRITS when I first saw your book cover and read your STORYPOEMS! I hope you can get your cousin out of the trailer before I arrive. I know it's a DOUBLE-WIDE, but I don't want anyone else to be around. I'm sorry if that sounds CLINGY.

In ANTICIPATION,
STEPH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back