• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

The Last Night Of.../Lettered question... (1 Viewer)

Hey everyone.
I was wondering if anybody could clue me in as to how much a FINE/FINE signed/lettered copy of The Last Night Of The Earth Poems would go for??
I got my copy from Scott awhile back.
Also, Buk drew a little pony/donkey underneath his name, if that matters.

Thanks a bunch

low: $350
average: $500
high: $750
high retail: $950

that's my estimate, anyway. very nice spine on that one... when you line up the black sparrow lettered copies that have designs on black, they look fantastic.

Hey Jordan, thanks! Yeah, I paid $497 for mine.
You're spot on.
Ugh. I really do not want to part with this, but rent+food+bills demand that I should.
Or at least think about it some more.

If I do, I'll be letting everyone here have first crack at it.

I remember an illustrated copy went recently on ebay quite cheaply - around $300 mark. Might have been by cooter. I remember as it was a pay now and it stuck around for a while. I think it might have been a lettered copy as the spine looked fantastic.

I didn't buy it - wish I did! But I thought someone else might remeber it or be able to search ebay for it.

At least help out with recent comparitive price.

Hey Jordan, thanks! Yeah, I paid $497 for mine.
You're spot on.
Ugh. I really do not want to part with this, but rent+food+bills demand that I should.
Or at least think about it some more.

If I do, I'll be letting everyone here have first crack at it.

:) I meant MS did well :)

MS - it's a bad time to sell, so be careful.

Thanks ROC.
And PBBUK.

Yeah, I'm going to be actually going with the ole 'gut feeling' on this one and hold off.
I think this will be the first time that I'll be listening to whatever advice it's giving me.
If any.
At least in the long run, I'll be able to look back and not admonish myself for selling something that I wish I never did.

i'm pretty sure that one that sold with the numbered/illustrated, not the lettered. and $300 is still a decent price for that copy.

ebay has been so weird lately... my copy of a signed book by chris ware sold for $66, and then another one showed up, listed at $99, then $49, and most recently $19. this time around, it sold for $220. insane. then, this print portfolio by luke chueh that has been available on eBay both as individual prints and as a set for around $50 now is at $150 with a day left.

bukowski seems like a bad bet lately, but supply is low right now, so it might not be *that* bad of a time to sell a nice item. i wouldn't risk it with a low opening bid, but i could see you getting $500 for this book right now.

... I'll be able to look back and not admonish myself for selling something that I wish I never did.

Don't you just hate that? I had a copy of Poems and Drawings in Fine condition that I picked up for $200, thought I did pretty well when I sold it (to stnickl) a few years later for $650, and now it can't be had for less than $1500. I'll probably never have a copy of that book again.

shitdamnpissfuck!

Hey Chronic, I can't believe your HWM w/art didn't even sell for $1,500.
Un-Freakin-Believable.
Where the hell is stnick when you need him!
oh wait..he's paying off the debt collectors.

Someone did email me afterwards asking if I'd sell for $1000. I didn't bother answering that one. If he'd offered $1250 I might have considered it.

I was hopeful that it would sell (since I really do need money) but didn't expect it to. A couple of copies have been listed in the last year at similar opening bids and neither sold as far as I know.

Well, no matter how tight things get, don't let a book with a painting go for less than you want for it!

Among all the fabricated "rarities" that BSP pumped out, I think the books with art are the best investment. They are tremendously undervalued right now, and one day we'll look back at the bygone days when you could pick them up for $1500 and wonder why we didn't buy every one we could get our hands on.

I got my HWM w/art from Scott for $1800, about 6 months ago, when he was selling off that giant vault of Buk stuff.
He originally had it for, I believe, $3000 but kept bumping it down until it was at that price that I bought it for. I never thought I would ever find another one w/ a painting for any lower, until, well, now.

I hear that.

But since we live in an apartment, there's really no backyard... I'd probably end up in the Willamette River... And rightfully so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back