The LAST OUTLAW POET (1 Viewer)

Anybody see RollingStone 4/16/09?
As far as ethan hawke is concerned, Kris Kristofferson was....well...
"There was a moment when America was changing, and he was the face of it. But he wasn't just the face. He was also the poet laureate."

I don't want to get into any big thing here- I couldn't even get through the entire article-and I tried twice- sober AND drunk! Fuck ethan hawke.And for all his luck and talent- fuck Kristofferson too. He ain't no poet. CRB:)

p.s. those tattoos on Lil' Wayne's eyelids must of hurt like a' bitch!

Yeah I didn't dare bring it up... I like Kristofferson and it was a great article... but poet he ain't.

Plus, transcribed song lyrics make me cringe.

If Ethan Hawke said it, it must be true.

Maybe he'll be referred to as "The Poet Laureate of Diners" or "The Poet Laureate of the Rodeo". Some title that will pidgeonhole him.

Maybe he is a beat poet? Who knows. He is as Beat as Bukowski....

That makes Anne Murray the new Queen on the Small Press, I suppose.

Bill

lil wayne is great. love that fuck. he evil. but genius.
quote:
white bitch on so much coke she got a nose bleed
and so up in that bitch i'm in the nose bleed....

that shit just clever.
the shit on his eye lids is nuts. he's evil and a lunatic, but i listen to the bitch every day

i don't care for ethan hawke or little wayne, and i'm not a "fan" of kris kristofferson, but i do like quite a bit of his music, specifically "sunday morning comin' down" and "me and bobby mcgee". i didn't know he is some kind of poet though.

and you gotta love him in "convoy"!

When I was 16 I met someone who told me how awesome Kris Kristofferson was and how his music was so great. At the time I had only heard just enough of Kristofferson to know that that someone was full of crap.

Ethan Hawke was in Before the Devil Knows You're Dead and had a lot to do with how much I hated the movie, although he is a good actor sometimes.

lil wayne is great. love that fuck. he evil. but genius.
quote:

that shit just clever.
the shit on his eye lids is nuts. he's evil and a lunatic, but i listen to the bitch every day

He's regularly irregular. How fucking genius is that, man? Wow, I need to go clean myself up now.

that shit just clever.
Clever? I don't --- oh, wait --- is he claiming that his penis is so long that when he has sex with a woman his penis extends all the way from her vagina (assuming vaginal, rather than anal, intercourse) to her nose?

If that is the case, yes, that is clever. Very clever indeed!

I would have never thought to rhyme "nose bleed" with "nose bleed" myself. But I'm not clever, so there you go.

No, no, no. My dear mjp, you have missed entirely the dual usage of "nose bleed".

In the former, it portrays a sense of reckless devotion to pursuit of cocaine.

In the latter, he cleverly re-deploys the "nose-bleed" image to relay a sense of accomplishment. As in, the highest stadium seating you could imagine ! THE NOSE BLEED SECTION !

O wit !
O, absurdest of playthings
do our bidding
Whilst our time grows short

Ah! Well that makes more sense!

Doesn't make it clever, but it makes more sense.

But shouldn't it be, "and so up in that bitch i'm in the nose bleeds"? Perhaps it's a regional thing.

I have to stop analyzing this impressive wordplay and just enjoy it!

Yeah, I saw the article and couldn't figure out why Kris was called a poet? I skipped right through it and the article on Lil' Wayne and went on to something else, I just can't remember what.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back