The Lives of Others (1 Viewer)

I saw it a few months after having been left by my ex. I was curious about it because the said ex, who found me too intrusive, often mentioned that film and told me I would have made an excellent Stasi agent.

I was finally disappointed and found it really really boring.

Subtitled.

And now that I've slept on it, Ambreen is right... it was really boring. There wasn't a single half-naked sexy teenage vampire boy to be seen in the entire film.

And Muse didn't do the soundtrack.

Subtitled.
And now that I've slept on it, Ambreen is right... it was really boring. There wasn't a single half-naked sexy teenage vampire boy to be seen in the entire film.

And Muse didn't do the soundtrack.
You have not swallowed my reply in the "Why the Beatles?" thread yet. :D

And you are caricaturing me. There was a thread where I listed my favourite films. Among them, one vampire movie: Herzog's Nosferatu. Klaus Kinski as Dracula is everything but a "single half-naked sexy teenage vampire boy", just watch the movie and you'll see it has nothing to do with Twilight. That is a really really good one. :)

I didn't like The life of the others, as I didn't like Inglourious Basterds and many other widely acclaimed movies. And so what?

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought we dicussed this movie a year ago or so when I first saw it. It was not boring because you have to read it(subtitles).

A very good movie to watch right after The Lives of Others is . A very good movie and not as slow.

it makes me laugh when people say they don't watch films with subtitles because "if I wanted to read a book, I'd read a book". I laugh because most people that say that never read books!

Anyway, this, I thought, was a great film. The scene at the end garnered genuine emotion, as opposed to the 'strangle a kitty for tears' style used in films like Crash (not the Cronenberg film, the other ridiculous one).

I prefer films with strong acting, great cinematography, and an intelligent script.

Then again...I watched Click the other night...and almost enjoyed it.

Jaws/Star Wars killed intelligent mainstream American cinema, but then that's another story.

...walks away with illusions of grandeur

Users who are viewing this thread

Back