The New Generation of Buk readers (2 Viewers)

You either get Bukowski or you don't it's got nothing to do with the clothes you wear. Tom Wait's songs are not just about down and outs but also people with middle class jobs such as salesmen who inhabit late night bars wonderin how it all went wrong.

Hey, you. No one is TAKING Bukowski away from you! I understand your pride. Let the rest of the pied-piper rats and the assorted band-wagon freaks move on to read the latest volume of Chicken-soup for the Soul.

I don't necessarily think it's bad that someone sporty would read Bukowski. It might change his perspective on things. Who knows he might have some deep seeded suffering. If you worried about the Bukowski sub culture becoming main stream, like Che Guevera, I welcome it. Viva La Bukowski...

Well, as it stands Bukowski isn't exactly as iconic as Che Guevara (you don't see skater kids wearing shirts with his face on it). Not to mention (as I've read briefly) Che Guevara's only real milestone was participating in Castro's revolution and failing at making any of his own.

I'm sure the man turns over in his grave just knowing he has this possessive fan who looks like you who is despairing over the fact that people who don't look like you are buying his books. I think you would've inspired a rude poem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back