The Zen Of Buk (2 Viewers)

is there a debit of good information on Bukowski in England? He spent the first half of his life sleeping on benches and the second half living in the projects. I would call that extreme poverty.

During his "drifting years" (New Orleans, Philadelphia), he most certainly was familiar with park benches and cheap rooms. However, he eventually secured a job with the Post Office and while it's not exactly the most glamorous job in the world, the pay is not exactly slave wages either. I would also venture to say that the final 15 to 20 years of his life were pretty comfortable. His poems of that period testify to that too. He is rather pleased with having arrived at owning a home, having a couple of cars, and the spare cash to go play the horses almost every day.

Now don't I feel like a dumbass...I responded to the final posting on Page 1 without realizing the "poverty" issue had been clarified on Page 2.

I will try to read more closely next time...:>(

I for one hope that postino will be back soon with a few more pearls of wisdom, especially now that his truly remarkable blog has been lopped off the thread.

20/1 outsider wins the Melbourne Cup with a wonderfully timed run.

if i get out of bed once a day that's exercise enough

1885826833_e56e2e800c_o.jpg

A hernia - inspiring lift ! That's got to be 250lbs at least (I'm talking about the bloke, not the weights of course)

Silly question, but how do you get a picture on the left-hand side rather than as a signature ?

Hakuin zenji the rinzai master used to smoke a pipe
one day his disciple Torei walked in and caught him off guard
and all hakuin did was hide it behind his back

Users who are viewing this thread

Back