The Ordinary Madness of Charles Bukowski - BBC doc (2 Viewers)

It sounds like an interesting tape. Too bad the content's not on CD too.
Rikki "Scrapbook"!
Yes, Rikki Hollywood published the "Bukowski Scrapbook" after Buk's death. A big part of it are Buk obituaries taken from various newspapers, some Buk poems, Buk book reviews and various articles about Buk. Nothing too exciting, unfortunately.

It's been over three years since I posted this thread, and I just realized that I have not found the source of those clips from the 60s nor what's in the chapbook/book (a cassette???) in the pic below. Any ideas?? Or should we definitely give up??? ;)

951wd7.jpg

Ah ha. Nearly 7 years since cirerita's original post and one of these tapes is currently for sale in Australia via eBay.

The recording is described as being a recording of a Bukowski reading in Los Angeles in 1980, although from the track listing I would strongly suspect that the recording is in reality a bootleg of the 1972 San Francisco reading (originally released on vinyl as 'Poems and Insults' by Bitter Lemon Records in 1975 and then again as 'Bukowski Reads His Poetry' by Takoma Records in 1980).

BUKOWSKI LIVE

On offer is this rare recording of poet and author Charles Bukowski reading his poetry live.
Recorded in Los Angeles in 1980, live in front of a noisy and sometimes hostile audience!

Contents:
Side 1: Death/The Sex Fiend/Love Piss and Shit/ The Death of an Idiot/Style/ The World's Greatest Loser/The Last Days of the Suicide Kid

Side 2: The Shoe Lace/ Hot/ Earthquake/ The Rat/ The Best Love Poem I Can Write at the Moment.

BUKOWSKI_LIVE_CASSETTE_BOOTLEG.jpg bukowski_poems_and_insults_vinyl.jpeg Bukowski_reads_his_poetry_tacoma.jpeg

I may have something like a 'Déja écrit' or whatever French-speaking-people would name it, but: This was our own Rainman at work again!

(and he's doing this without any whimper and just between the lines.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back