The song U2 dedicated to Bukowski (1 Viewer)

pichon64

Not read nor write
:D Well, I got it :D

From the October 30th, 1992 U2 concert at the Dodger Stadium, the song 'Dirty Old Town' on a decent audience recording. Larry Mullen Jr. is the one who dedicates the song to Bukowski. And, of course, Bukowski and Linda were there!

Listen!

U2_-_Dirty_Old_Town_30_Oct_92.mp3 Link broken

:D Any comments, more than welcome! :D

Thanks roni and Ponder for the support.

For any U2 freaks out there, I have the entire concert. If there's no problem on the Moderator's front I can post a couple of Rapidshare links to it. Here's the setlist:

01. Television, the Drug of the Nation
02. George Bush Rap
03. Zoo Station
04. The Fly
05. Even Better Than the Real Thing
06. One / Rain
07. Until the End of the World
08. New Year's Day
09. Dirty Old Town
10. Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around the World
11. When Love Comes To Town
12. Satellite of Love
13. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
14. Bad / All I Want Is You
15. Bullet the Blue Sky
16. Running To Stand Still
17. Where the Streets Have No Name
18. Pride (In the Name of Love)
19. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / Stand By Me
20. Desire
21. Mirrorball Man Phone Call / Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
22. With Or Without You
23. Love Is Blindness
24. Can't Help Falling In Love

Source:
October 30, 1992. Los Angeles, California. Dodger Stadium.

Sound Quality:
Very good audience.

I think (imho) that maybe this revealing data must find its way into the Buk's Timeline. It's a confirmed curiosity considering Buk's opinion against rock. What do you think, mjp? Or anybody else? :)

I think (imho) that maybe this revealing data must find its way into the Buk's Timeline.
I don't know. That's kind of dangerously close to the "In popular culture" section of the Bukowski shitipedia entry, which has always struck me as unnecessary at best.

Then again, maybe something like this:

Bukowski and Linda attend a U2 concert at Dodger Stadium, band dedicates a song to Bukowski from the stage, audience screams, "Who?!"

;)

Bukowski and Linda attend a U2 concert at Dodger Stadium, band dedicates a song to Bukowski from the stage, audience screams, "Who?!"

;)

:D Oh, well... My Golden Contribution To Bukowski's Biography (and the forum's Timeline) trashed on 22 words :D Man, I was considering writing a book!!!

I'll get back to Frank Zappa then... :cool:

Father Luke: I'll better leave things this way. I don't want to stir any copyright waters... :o

trashed ( with ) 22 words :D

I want you to look at the simplicity of those words:

a
the
and
at
song
to
from
Who

That really is a sign of being able to write well.
I hear he may have a book coming out in
the future. BoSP no less. . .

Hope so. . . ;)

Thanks again, pichon64.
You done good.

Now. Can you cook?

A Fool's Guide: How To Go Completely Off-Topic

You know, Father Luke, on this latitude there's a more popular, bitter and stimulating beverage than coffee. We carried it everywhere. It's called 'mate'

picture.php

picture.php

When you sip through this, you find yourself writing with shaking hands :p

yeah, I don't do the caffeine. Not any more.
But to show my heart is in the right place. . .

When I was still young, I would take a
pipe full of fresh ground coffee, and I'd smoke it
while waiting for my morning coffee to finish
brewing.

Right smart wake me up.
It was. Really.

- -
Okay,
Father Luke

Just finished reading Sounes, and even if this thread is exhausted (at least I am of it), I must remark that on page 229, and regarding this infamous U2 concert, HS mentioned the band played a song called 'Dirty World', based on Bukowski lines like 'The Days Run...'. Now we know that the song dedicated to Hank on that concert was an Irish folk song called 'Dirty Old Town'. The song HS tried to quote is called 'Dirty Day', and was not played that night. It appeared later on the 'Zooropa' album.

There you go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back