The Ugliest Man In Town by John G. Hill (1 Viewer)

I think that this is just buk shit... er,um I mean bull shit....... 100 post!! woo-hoo!!!

That story has been up on realbeer.com forever. Something about it doesn't ring true to me, but I can't put my finger on exactly what it is.

Right! It sounds too outrageous - even for Buk. Especially the shitting in the sink bit...

years ago, when I was first looking for Bukowski on the internet, the 2 first sites I spent a lot of time on (even before I found smog.net. sorry, mjp) were real beer and anti hero art's Buk tribute. at that point in time, I was willing to believe anything I read about Bukowski.
but I didn't buy into Hill's piece.

Nope, I think that it is fake too. I'm sure that Bukowski could be the life of the party or could ruin good one, but this story is just plain outrageous.

At least he did not call him "charlie"

Bill

years ago, when I was first looking for Bukowski on the internet, the 2 first sites I spent a lot of time on (even before I found smog.net. sorry, mjp) were real beer and anti hero art's Buk tribute.
No need to apologize, I dug into those sites too, back in the day. Too bad they haven't changed in 7 or 8 years. ;) Black Sparrow never had anything more than a list of titles on their site. Imagine what they could have done if they put a little effort behind a site...

Hmmm, I read it an it seemed contrived.

It seemed like it was entirely fictious.

Me not sure: maybe it was a real situation that has been transcribed into a more fictional account.

Interesting account - real or otherwise.

I think that this is just buk shit... er,um I mean bull shit....... 100 post!! woo-hoo!!!

It is interesting how the guy can't remember anyone's name but he has all the dirty details about Bukowski. Maybe Buk hurt his feelings and now he wants to throw some mud out there...now that you can't verify the story.
Even if part of it was true, why does he bring it up? Maybe it is a social dynamic that that Hill guy causes when he's around great poets. We may never know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back