This is What killed Dylan Thomas (1 Viewer)

Johannes

Founding member
Not to bore you all with my private life and travel pictures, but since I love you all, let me tell you this: I finally made it to Dylan Thomas' grave in Laugharne, Wales.

While getting there is a bit of a bitch if you don't have a car, it's worth a visit.

The picture benath is not his grave but what he saw when he looked out of his writing shed, the "heron priested shore". Now with shit like this under the window anybody can write immortal poetry. So, no big deal.

The beer is mine.

Foto1519.jpg

Also purchased this book by his late widow

Double Drink Story.jpg

... and man, that's a sad read. It's well written but without one bit of humor and she goes on and on about how ugly Dylan Thomas looked, how small he was, how she was ashamed to walk down the street next to him and so on.
I don't get it.

Still, if you are interested in Dylan Thomas' Life, I'd recommend both, visiting Laugharne and the book.

Last edited:
I read that book, and Caitlin seemed really bitter about living in Dylan's shadow. I found it hard to finish.

Yeah, it comes across almost without any affection or sympathy. But a lot of bitterness.

Will post more pictures when I get home.

"And Cherry Owen, sober as Sunday as he is every day of the week, goes off happy as Saturday to get drunk as a deacon as he does every night."

Yes, wonderful photo! The force that through the green fuse drives the flower, drives my green age ....And I am dumb to tell the crooked rose how my youth is bent by the same wintry fever....(By memory, may be wrong!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back