• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Three versions of Pulp for sale (1 Viewer)

Hi folks, here's some good ones; there are many more to follow!

Pulp (ISBN: 0876859287 / 0-87685-928-7)
BUKOWSKI, Charles
Book Description: Black Sparrow Press, Santa Rosa, CA, U.S.A., 1994. Hardcover. Book Condition: Fine. Signed by Author. Size: 8vo - over 7¾" - 9¾" tall. This book is signed by Bukowski with a little drawing of a dog underneath, on the page after the title page. Includes an original silk screen by Bukowski. Original red paper covered boards with yellow, blue and white picture on front and back board, patterned black, white and red cloth covered spine. Comes with original acetate jacket, with extremely minor shelfwear. Copy "C" of 26 lettered and signed copies. From the original owner.

$600

BUKOWSKI, Charles
Book Description: Black Sparrow Press, Santa Rosa, CA, U.S.A., 1994. Hardcover. Book Condition: Fine. Signed by Author. Size: 8vo - over 7¾" - 9¾" tall. Includes an original silk screen by Bukowski. Original red paper covered boards with yellow, blue and white picture on front and back board, red cloth covered spine. Comes with original acetate jacket, with extremely minor shelfwear. Copy 214 of 300 numbered and signed copies. From the original owner.

$375

BUKOWSKI, Charles
Book Description: Black Sparrow Press, Santa Rosa, CA, U.S.A., 1994. Hardcover. Book Condition: Fine. Signed by Author. Size: 8vo - over 7¾" - 9¾" tall. I Original red paper covered boards with yellow, blue and white picture on front and back board, black cloth covered spine. Comes with original acetate jacket, with extremely minor shelfwear. Copy 270 of 750 numbered and signed copies. From the original owner.

$175

These are the first of many, and are subject to prior sale. We'll be happy to take PayPal. Prices are postpaid in the continental United States.

Antiquariat Hindrichs
36147 Jeb Stuart Rd
Purcellville, VA 20132
(540) 338-8399
[email protected]

A well-meaning list member pointed out to me that it's good form to introduce one's self in any new neighborhood. I knew that!

Anyway, please forgive my oversight.

I'm a 58 year old disabled veteran and rare bookdealer with a long-term interest in Bukowski and a collection that goes back to the beginning. Having had an open store In Monterey while still on active duty, I had the great fortune to become acquainted with folks like Henry Miller and Charles Bukowski, as well as John Martin himself. I will be listing a few items from time to time, and I think you will be surprised at the qualkity and importance of them. A divorce a few years ago totally wiped me out, but I now have access to my books again, and am willing to share. My registration profile is accurate, and I welcome any inquiries or requests.

Sincerely,

Werner Saemmler-Hindrichs [Vladimir/Vova]

Welcome, Werner. What's up with the Boston, MA listing for Black Sparrow? If that had been the case, I might have found some first editions long ago!
Look at the date! Right after John sold the Press, there was an intent to keep it going for a while. I'll check, but I think it was David Godine.

welcome, Werner. stick around, dig in, and see what ya find...
Will do, and I hope I can contribute.

welcome, Werner.

list away, my friend!
Roger that, will do; thanks for the welcome!

Look at the date! Right after John sold the Press, there was an intent to keep it going for a while. I'll check, but I think it was David Godine.
Martin sold BSP many years after Pulp was (unfortunately) published, and the ghost of BSP that made a stab at staying alive after Maritn's sale did not include Bukowski. Bukowski, Fante and someone else went to HarperCollins. The "new" BSP featured only the dregs that were left. It is incorrect to list any Bukowki BSP books with a MA address.

The other author that went to Harper was Paul Bowles. All of the rest went to Godine. I believe that he published a couple Lifshin books, but nothing else under that imprint.
Bill

And any first editions of Pulp would be clearly marked "Santa Rosa" on the title page. Despite mjp's notable poor taste on this particular title, he's almost never inaccurate. :p

Mea maxima culpa! Here I am, the big shot Bukowski and Black Sparrow Press expert, and I:oops: am guilty of a cardinal sin. I borrowed someone's ISBN listing and did not check the work. Of course mjp is accurate: Santa Rosa is in fact what it says in these books, and of course, Martin sold at the end of 2001, transferring the lists to HarperCollins Ecco for Bukowski, Fante and Bowles; to Mo Cohen for Wyndham Lewis, and to Godine for all other Black Sparrow authors in 2002.

Now, if one of you kind people will show me how to edit the original listing, or tell me if that's even possible to do, I would appreciate it.

Cheers, Vova

Users who are viewing this thread

Back